amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November 2012 General Discussion

SpartyOn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lake is about 1.3F warmer then last year at this time... pretty significant for such a huge body of water and probably the reason Saukville is 51F while i'm sitting at 41F...with south winds.

Actually here today it was 50° at 2pm, before the wind turned off the lake and cooled it about 5-6°! I can only imagine the drop was larger in Saukville this afternoon.

I'd take a pass on those winds at Mount Shasta.

Coldest day of the year thus far. Temps going to be stuck in the mid to upper 20s all day.

CTV Kitchener says the wind chill is 10F/-12C too. We picked up about 1-2cm this afternoon and November might close around 4" for us -- will know as soon as the university releases their November report in December. Has there been any snow in Toronto this month?

high was 48 at UGN and LOT has been forecasting mid 40's since at least tuesday until this AM when they bumped it to upper 40's for a high which verified. Its mild out there anyways even at 43.

Didn't notice it was that warm today as the clouds were around. WGN was hyping up the temperature today a bit. I think they were calling for mid 50s.

ORD and MDW are 50 and 51 respectively and winds are calm.

Maybe just the urban environment or more sun.

CTV Kitchener says the wind chill is 10F/-12C too. We picked up about 1-2cm this afternoon and November might close around 4" for us -- will know as soon as the university releases their November report in December. Has there been any snow in Toronto this month?

I had a few tenths the other night. I think Pearson is still officially at a trace.

Love watching that band of snow that affected you dry up and slide to my SW. Some things never change.

I had a few tenths the other night. I think Pearson is still officially at a trace.

Love watching that band of snow that affected you dry up and slide to my SW. Some things never change.

its still snowing too. the roads turned into a parking lot because of the ice literally accidents everywhere at rush hour. another overperforming snow event in one week. i dont know much else im at work

Here in the tropics just a trace of flakes as of yet this winter. Today was dark and looked like snow but temps were much too mild. I think this November must be one of the driest in these parts. Saw a famer disking up a field where the soil was so dry the colour of the plowed soil was much the same as the virgin.

Many of the local ponds are almost dry too. Anything which isn't at least 10 feet deep is 100% now. I sure hope December ends up wetter than normal but I doubt it.

Weather-wise, this November is in the books...and it was a tale of extremes between this November (6th driest) and last November (wettest) at Detroit. Though snowfall was meager (a trend plaguing Novembers since the 1990s), winters nip was in the air a lot more than last year.

DTW..........Avg Hi...Avg Low...AVG....T Depart...Precip...P Depart...Snow...S Depart

NOV 2012....48.8F......31.9F......40.4F......-1.1F.....0.72"......-2.07"......0.4".....-1.0"

NOV 2011....54.9F......38.2F......46.6F......+5.1F....6.00"......+3.21"......0.6".....-0.8"

Here in the tropics just a trace of flakes as of yet this winter. Today was dark and looked like snow but temps were much too mild. I think this November must be one of the driest in these parts. Saw a famer disking up a field where the soil was so dry the colour of the plowed soil was much the same as the virgin.

Many of the local ponds are almost dry too. Anything which isn't at least 10 feet deep is 100% now. I sure hope December ends up wetter than normal but I doubt it.

Windsor finished November VERY close to Detroits totals. Both stations had 0.4" of snow (DTW had 0.1" on the 23rd and 0.3" on the 25th....Winsdor had 0.2" on both the 23rd and 25th)....Windsor finished the month with 0.66" of precip (DTW 0.72") which Im sure is up there but probably not the all-time driest.

SSC, we received about an inch this evening, maybe more, maybe less. The roads turned to ice sheets at rush hour with snow and blowing snow and the traffic jams were incredible. It's amazing how timing can cause more severe direct impacts from minimal events instead of major events that hit off-hour. You'd think we had a blizzard tonight with all the traffic and other drama due to the snow.

Ontario Provincial Police have responded to multiple crashes, including one fatal, following flurries across southwestern Ontario.

Read more: http://kitchener.ctv...9#ixzz2Dm3xPg3g

This is what it looks like outside as of midnight. November closed around 10cm for us.

post-277-0-42276000-1354338889_thumb.png

The snow we get in Hamilton tonight created quite an impact. It was heavy and wet, combined with wind and drifting. About 2.5" piled up here just south of Burlington. The snow probably hit at the worst time, during Friday rush hour, so traffic on Highway 403 was gridlocked for hours. I can't help but feel a little sad that our fresh snowpack will most likely be gone in 24 hours.

November was -0.93° here. 0.47" of rain, trace of snow. 2nd driest month of the year!

Highest temperature 68°, lowest 14°. 21 days featured below freezing lows. 3 days of 60s, 8 days of 50s, 14 days of 40s, and 5 days of 30s.

Had some mid 30s and ground fog to close the last few hours of the month.

The snow we get in Hamilton tonight created quite an impact. It was heavy and wet, combined with wind and drifting. About 2.5" piled up here just south of Burlington. The snow probably hit at the worst time, during Friday rush hour, so traffic on Highway 403 was gridlocked for hours. I can't help but feel a little sad that our fresh snowpack will most likely be gone in 24 hours.

You guys, too eh. Seems like this event was under-forecast, but I was paying much attention.

SSC, we received about an inch this evening, maybe more, maybe less. The roads turned to ice sheets at rush hour with snow and blowing snow and the traffic jams were incredible. It's amazing how timing can cause more severe direct impacts from minimal events instead of major events that hit off-hour. You'd think we had a blizzard tonight with all the traffic and other drama due to the snow.

Ontario Provincial Police have responded to multiple crashes, including one fatal, following flurries across southwestern Ontario.

Read more: http://kitchener.ctv...9#ixzz2Dm3xPg3g

This is what it looks like outside as of midnight. November closed around 10cm for us.

post-277-0-42276000-1354338889_thumb.png

Wow, you must live near malls and commercial stuff...the background looks like sunrise.

Archived