Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Rocktober like the old days. Bridging to winter

weathafella

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that coastal low can develop, it will definitely mute the warmer weather next week. That was modeled as a warm period until yesterday, but shorter wavelengths and blocking can do that. Still not certain, but at the least..a high nearby will limit day time temps..even if night temps are mild. That was the overall warmer look that I mentioned this morning, but that coastal low could put a wrench into it.

I still think going forward, we need to watch that -NAO/AK ridging/-PNA pattern and the gradient look. While it probably will be mild here...we could either have the whole gradient shift south (somewhat unlikely) or have more alternating warm-cool-warm type of action. If we had that pattern in December, most definitely we probably would be rejoicing north and east of Tolland.

If that coastal low can develop, it will definitely mute the warmer weather next week. That was modeled as a warm period until yesterday, but shorter wavelengths and blocking can do that. Still not certain, but at the least..a high nearby will limit day time temps..even if night temps are mild. That was the overall warmer look that I mentioned this morning, but that coastal low could put a wrench into it.

I still think going forward, we need to watch that -NAO/AK ridging/-PNA pattern and the gradient look. While it probably will be mild here...we could either have the whole gradient shift south (somewhat unlikely) or have more alternating warm-cool-warm type of action. If we had that pattern in December, most definitely we probably would be rejoicing north and east of Tolland.

Models just starting to catch on to the gradient.

Models just starting to catch on to the gradient.

It's one of those things where looking at mean 11-15 day pattern...it sort of screams bust potential near the Canadian border, east of the GL. However, it is October and you can't necessarily apply that logic to the pattern going forward. I do think it merits at least mentioning the possibility.

Personally think "weather" a coastal develops or not we're getting false warm weather signals anyway. Flows likely to end up more NW and could be strong through central Canada with a tanking NAO happening in tandem with an onsetting +PNA.

Also, may not be done monitoring the tropics this season either. High res sat shows 97L might try to Bahama bomber. There's also the east of Leewards system -

Personally think "weather" a coastal develops or not we're getting false warm weather signals anyway. Flows likely to end up more NW and could be strong through central Canada with a tanking NAO happening in tandem with an onsetting +PNA.

Also, may not be done monitoring the tropics this season either. High res sat shows 97L might try to Bahama bomber. There's also the east of Leewards system -

I think early next week does warm up. I guess the question is how that storm effects the pattern, but may cause a traffic jam overhead and keep cooler high pressure nearby for a few days anyways.

Was looking at archives on foliagenetwork site, and I can't find a year since 1999 further along than right now at this point. Latest update has coastal locations into moderate - 30 to 61% change, which is definitely a solid week early. The pattern for foliage has been great the past month.

Was looking at archives on foliagenetwork site, and I can't find a year since 1999 further along than right now at this point. Latest update has coastal locations into moderate - 30 to 61% change, which is definitely a solid week early. The pattern for foliage has been great the past month.

Pretty much peak in most areas around here.

Archived