e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
September 17-19 2012 rain and severe weather potential

SNO

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's pretty subjective and is pulling numbers out of his nether region. He's pretty good so they are probably fairly well correlated.

I think Ian and Mark should start the MIANCON ranking system. with a Meh and the low end of the scale and a holy cow we need to chase on the high end. I'm not sure what the middle numbers would be.

Usually the SREFs are pretty good at nailing the severe threat in conjunction with SPC forecasts. It looks a little borderline for DC, but perhaps the LLJ is getting respect.

The lack of sun may be a problem though the low level winds are really whipping at least in mby. The strength of the low level jet should lead to some strong winds being transported to the surface with the stronger cells.

So it's pretty subjective and is pulling numbers out of his nether region. He's pretty good so they are probably fairly well correlated.

I think Ian and Mark should start the MIANCON ranking system. with a Meh and the low end of the scale and a holy cow we need to chase on the high end. I'm not sure what the middle numbers would be.

Meh time? ;)

Ok just got home and would like to find out what kind of winds we had up here. I was at my girls school but upon getting home my neighbors potted plants were tossed over and one of my mini flag poles was almost ripped out of the ground. My garden is close to being flattened and it looks like I have round two coming in as I just got an alert for a new warning.

Winds gusting to 30 mph at home in Severna Park.

In Millersville, I saw a old lady sitting in the hallway and when I asked her why she was sitting in a busy hallway she said that she heard on the radio that a Tornado Warning was issued. I told her it was a tornado watch and she was fine but to keep listening to the radio for a tornado warning, with lots of beeps and tones. She looked relieved as all could be and hugged me and thanked me.

7nTnr.png

Archived