joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 17-19 2012 rain and severe weather potential

SNO

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One other element I noticed with Isaac that the normal "couplet" is not what to look for on radar. I somehow ended up in quite a few tropical tornado warnings during my chase in Florida and the Gulf Coast. I didn't notice a single couplet. I definately need to study more there...but for next season.

I didn't get a real look, but I wonder if that was the case with the tor warn in moco/pg earlier today. Hopefully some frame grabbed the srv and I just haven't seen it yet.

One other element I noticed with Isaac that the normal "couplet" is not what to look for on radar. I somehow ended up in quite a few tropical tornado warnings during my chase in Florida and the Gulf Coast. I didn't notice a single couplet. I definately need to study more there...but for next season.

I didn't get a real look, but I wonder if that was the case with the tor warn in moco/pg earlier today. Hopefully some frame grabbed the srv and I just haven't seen it yet.

I think you'll still see a couplet at least briefly. A lot of times you'll just see strong winds with some mesocyclone tendancies then a one frame couplet if that... as they're often so brief. When you're further removed in the outermost bands or if a storm is ashore it starts to take on more typical characteristics of supercells.. particularly if you can ingest some dry air into the sys.

Better than your January snow call last year. I've had my shovel ready since then.

Still waiting......... :).

True...however I was not the only one who missed a snow event.

Keep your shovel handy you will have better shot at snow in Frederick County, Va...then the donks in the city.

Great job just focusing on the Miller A...which was not the case...

Fact: Call was for decent rains September 18

Fact: Call made on September 12

Chill - did it rain at your house yesterday?

Come on now. Looking at a model and saying it's going to rain and then have it rain doesn't require any skill. Stating that it looks miller a'ish and will be a precursor to winter tracks is the only thing in your original post that requires verification of which there is was none.

Archived