joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Late August Discussion, banter, obs

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone have a sense of the time of day for high temperature these days? I got to 79.4 and am now down to 78.5 under slowly thickening clouds. 80's might be averted for the day, and perhaps for the remainder of 2012.

Seems kind of early for this time of year, depending on the terrain around you. Might just be fluke timing for today. I know my max is about an hour earlier than most places because of a large hill to my west so it does depend on terrain. FWIW. My summertime max is usually around 1500 and in the peak of winter it's around 1330.

Anyone have a sense of the time of day for high temperature these days? I got to 79.4 and am now down to 78.5 under slowly thickening clouds. 80's might be averted for the day, and perhaps for the remainder of 2012.

Haven't hit 80 at my place since the 8th of this month.

My high is usually around 3-4pm this time of year. Like Metherb, I have a big hill immediately to our west though, which kind of puts a lid on things in the later afternoon.

My high is usually around 3-4pm this time of year. Like Metherb, I have a big hill immediately to our west though, which kind of puts a lid on things in the later afternoon.

I got it on the 9th, 12th and now today.

I like my 70* high in tomorrow's p/c.

Yeah we stop earlier and earlier as the sun angle gets lower... we have a relatively big hill to the west of town (Mansfield) that blocks the sun earlier. In December the sun only shines for like 3-4 hours on the east slope of the mountain, haha. From like 8am-11am.

Scooter, Ryan, 8AM to 8 PM forecast IJD? Confusing signals.

Well it is a little confusing. GFS and NAM bring heaviest rain west in a anafrontal kind of way and then weaken it as it moves east. Euro is a little more east, but not a sultan signal at all. Euro ensembles kind of look like the op. I would go for rain especially late morning into aftn. I think if the GFS and NAM were to verify, Your morning would be mostly dry.

Well it is a little confusing. GFS and NAM bring heaviest rain west in a anafrontal kind of way and then weaken it as it moves east. Euro is a little more east, but not a sultan signal at all. Euro ensembles kind of look like the op. I would go for rain especially late morning into aftn. I think if the GFS and NAM were to verify, Your morning would be mostly dry.

Thanks bro

Yeah we stop earlier and earlier as the sun angle gets lower... we have a relatively big hill to the west of town (Mansfield) that blocks the sun earlier. In December the sun only shines for like 3-4 hours on the east slope of the mountain, haha. From like 8am-11am.

lol...yeah, I'd say that's big hill. It helps the closer the hill is and lower the sun angle.

Sounds fun...should be chilly on top. :)

I'm not in that kind of shape right now...hah I'm doing a 1600' ascent in the Catskills on Monday (Windham High Peak ..summit is 3500'), but that is my limit right now.

posted in the NNE thread already...i'm hiking Mt Washingtoon tomorrow...total last minute decision...i'm sure everyone already has plans...but i'd thought i would throw it out there in case any of you were interested in joining the hike...

Archived