joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Late August Discussion, banter, obs

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only went to one Carolina beach in my lifetime. In '01 some friends had rented a house on Folly Beach near Charleston. That was a beautiful place and an idyllic Summer time, with none of us knowing that the world was about to explode with chaos a month later on 9/11.

lol blizz is right......who are you?

Well, beach time....Dad said the weather has been disgusting back home, yuck!

WWEpart2 on the way??? Oh how I pray

I only went to one Carolina beach in my lifetime. In '01 some friends had rented a house on Folly Beach near Charleston. That was a beautiful place and an idyllic Summer time, with none of us knowing that the world was about to explode with chaos a month later on 9/11.

It is nice down there.

Hah... Now the beach girls may be another story....

But in driving through the Carolinas my experience has been that some of them spend a little too much time at the Shoneys buffet and Huddle House, if you know what I mean. ;)

carolina girls the best? you must have gotten lucky down there

i can say hands down that college girls in florida are much hotter than college girls in mass. no question

Real Summer is just about cooked. This is supposed to be the warm/humid day I guess before the front. The low here was 56 and it's still not bad with a dew point around 60 and hazy sun.

Agree 110% on this. With a temp of 74.7/66 at 11:30, I think I might fall short of 80*, a decent temp bust from what had been forecasted earlier. If so, it's quite possible that the last of my 80* days for 2012 will have been August 12 (last year was August 7).

I love the Maine coast.

I know it would be a long ride for you probably 6 hrs or so, But if you ever get the chance, See if you can get down to Bar Harbor, White beaches, Thunder hole where the tide crashes into a hollowed out ledge Cadillac Mtn is one of the 1st places on the east coast where the 1st rays of sun hit with a spectacular view of Penobscott Bay

I know it would be a long ride for you probably 6 hrs or so, But if you ever get the chance, See if you can get down to Bar Harbor, White beaches, Thunder hole where the tide crashes into a hollowed out ledge Cadillac Mtn is one of the 1st places on the east coast where the 1st rays of sun hit with a spectacular view of Penobscott Bay

On my list. Farthest up the coast I've been is Freeport. Been up the Kenebec near The Forks, and it feels and looks like the arctic tundra there.

On my list. Farthest up the coast I've been is Freeport. Been up the Kenebec near The Forks, and it feels and looks like the arctic tundra there.

Yes, You would have only had to go another 20 miles or so to hit Jackman, There is a huge difference in snow pack and elevation, I have been there many years when the forks had little snow pack and could not ride by snowmobile, And Jackman had over 3' and is totally accessible

Yes, You would have only had to go another 20 miles or so to hit Jackman, There is a huge difference in snow pack and elevation, I have been there many years when the forks had little snow pack and could not ride by snowmobile, And Jackman had over 3' and is totally accessible

I can't imagine trhe Forks having little snow..lol. It looks so frigid there.

I can't imagine trhe Forks having little snow..lol. It looks so frigid there.

They actually had set up a snow gun by the river a few years back to get snow on the trail that headed into Berry's Store so you could get gas, We never usually head towards the forks to ride at all, Its to bony

Archived