joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Late August Discussion, banter, obs

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everythings relative. Last Fall I was in Snowdonia, Wales. Mount Snowdon is only around 3500 feet, but pretty impressive rising right off the Irish Sea.

Nice man! Beautiful part of the world. I was there in high school and we went up Snowdon. The vertical is impressive if the summit height isn't.

A few years ago I was in Scotland and thought about giving Ben Nevis a crack. The weather was just too nasty though when I was in the neighborhood so I settled for some smaller stuff on Skye:

2831553718_6336c63292_z.jpg

2831551148_c3ab2e27af_z.jpg

I'm about to add to my total too.

Nice.

KFS winner..showers this morning ending and clearing this afternoon.

Was a wet 17 mile run this morning..light rain, but a nuisance.

59 degrees :cry:

Looks like what most had. Props on the clearing if you get it later on.

Sun's been shinging here for the last 45 minutes.

Beautiful pics! I have only barely crossed into Scotland around the Borders (Melrose) and a brief foray into Edinburgh....

Here at home today...a pristine clear day and 62. The low was 54.

Nice man! Beautiful part of the world. I was there in high school and we went up Snowdon. The vertical is impressive if the summit height isn't.

A few years ago I was in Scotland and thought about giving Ben Nevis a crack. The weather was just too nasty though when I was in the neighborhood so I settled for some smaller stuff on Skye:

BSE!

Can't multiple quote on my phone, but the Ryan/Kevin exchange has laughing a lot.

OT- just discovered I can't post from my kindle fire. Too bad. Otherwise, it's a lot better than typing on this damn phone.

Are you signed in on it? I post fine from my Nook (although it has no auto-correct/spell checker)

NW sky already brightening..I think sunny and tanning by 1:00ish

Yanks

I'll drive over to Tolland and give you a high-five if the sun is out by 1pm.

It may be close...though the band of clouds is crawling now and moving more NE than E.

Nice orographic clouds blowing up over the NW Adirondacks and across the Greens back home... looks like a beautiful early fall day back home in N.VT with highs in the low 70s and dews falling into the 40s.

Archived