EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Friday (Aug 10) Severe Disc/Obs

Ellinwood

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely. There could also be a zone that just escapes most rainfall sitting in between the early morning forcing and waiting for the second shot late at night.

Call me crazy, but I almost want to say the NAM is signaling some type of +RN/embedded low-topped supercells tomorrow morning across the eastern Mid Atlantic. You want to come to NJ? :axe:

I remember a situation like this last year where heavy rain advanced across the area morning-midday and it ended up producing an EF0 in Monmouth.

We ended up getting a good soaking with embedded mesocyclones (some severe weather in the MD-DE area). Things are looking better further NE of here in Long Island (TOR out) and into southern New England.

I doubt I see anything for the rest of the day and possibly a good bit of the early evening.

We ended up getting a good soaking with embedded mesocyclones (some severe weather in the MD-DE area). Things are looking better further NE of here in Long Island (TOR out) and into southern New England.

I doubt I see anything for the rest of the day and possibly a good bit of the early evening.

I could have sworn that I saw some very subtle rotation embedded with the "eye" of the MCV on radar in New Brunswick. Pretty neat.

And yeah it looked pretty apparent when the convection was firing near AC, that areas further NE would benefit. There was some pretty crazy rotation in Long Island.

Anyway, localized backing in several locations of PA...winds defintely turn east of south at a few locations.

sfcobsma.gif

Anyway, localized backing in several locations of PA...winds defintely turn east of south at a few locations.

There definitely is notable turning with height over PA-MD but give me a LLJ somewhere. The < 30kt 850mb wind over the Appalachians will possibly be the feature that intensifies and gets things going.

If you don't have the speed but you can muster up the CAPE, the radial outflow could be enough to get a few right turners with "storm interactions" in this area. It is going to be tough getting a tornado though.

There definitely is notable turning with height over PA-MD but given me a LLJ somewhere. The < 30kt 850mb wind over the Appalachians will possibly be the feature that intensifies and gets things going.

If you don't have the speed but you can muster up the CAPE, the shear radial outflow could be enough to get a few right turners with "storm interactions" in this area. It is going to be tough getting a tornado though.

Im not too impressed with the LL veering so all and all I feel winds are the threat, could get a few microbursts though, even with cape at its current level. Downburst advisory

Archived