joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2012 Obs/Disc

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the southern vort in the trough is as strong as the NAM has it Sunday could be decent. It seems overall troughing has been overmodeled this summer tho perhaps not in this short of a range.

Maybe we can get the Ian magic going

Might be a timing issue tho the vort passage through the southern lakes by 21z is pretty decent. Not much seems to fire ahead of the front. Haven't looked that close but at 500 it's at least an OK setup.

See storms forming just to the south over Shenandoah county. Cloudy in Middletown at the moment; thus, it's tolerable outside. We appear to be on the northern extent of the cloud sheild, however. Winchester reporting 86F, but it's a bit cooler here with the clouds and outflow I guess. Radar shows the precip ends exactly at the Frederick county line.

and wtf is up with this font size? Why do I need to sometimes change it to a larger size?

Yesterday there was a microburst right around my house in the Dundalk/Essex area. Wife told me it rain pretty hard for about 10 minutes and the lightning and thunder was enough to scare the kids. Couple reports that the rain cut visibility to 0 for a few mintues on 695 at Eastern Ave. (which is .3 of a mile from my front door

See storms forming just to the south over Shenandoah county. Cloudy in Middletown at the moment; thus, it's tolerable outside. We appear to be on the northern extent of the cloud sheild, however. Winchester reporting 86F, but it's a bit cooler here with the clouds and outflow I guess. Radar shows the precip ends exactly at the Frederick county line.

and wtf is up with this font size? Why do I need to sometimes change it to a larger size?

Your post-edit font is much larger to my eyes. Did you zoom the page in?

Sounds like that is what is happening, given the sporadic occurrence. Any way to prevent this from happening?

I just always doublecheck as I start typing to make sure it hasn't happened. Not sure if it is more of a problem, in, say, IE. It may be. I use IE at work and it creeps up here, not really a problem when I use Chrome from my home computer.

On a weather note, hot, but no as hot as I was expecting for Baltimore just yet today.

Awesome little cell popped up right over me here in Simpsonsville (just E of Columbia). Gusty winds and pretty heavy rain. Already 1/4" in the tank and still coming down nicely. Another cell looks to be building behind it. RAIN :flood:

Damn is it ever. I'm in North Laurel. Heard this loud *CRACK* all of sudden, turned around and it's absolutely pouring.

Just come through the southern part of Thurmont off of Putman Rd and there was a tree I had to move out of the road to get home. I saw a total of 9 trees down in yards, driveways and two which took out the power lines. I have no idea what came through but the wind was roaring for about 20 minutes.

Archived