• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
SNE severe/convective thread IX...or whatever number we're on

weatherwiz

There was a Storm report for winds estimated 60mph up right near there. /threadcrashing

Interesting. I didn't see anything nearly that strong but I was one step ahead of the storm the whole way. That was a nasty cell before it weakened near CON/MHT.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest momon on the site. I think tomorrow will be interesting. We stave off dry air, we rip. Could be "the day" of 2012 for this area.

out of 7000+ people i should get a cookie or something...however, if tomorrow is "the day", well we still have a lot of 2012 left to go...gonna be long year...

Going to depend where the ASOS is sited. It is the weird situation where MHT is a TAF site for BOX yet the slight majority of the airport is in Rockingham County (GYX).

From what I was observing from Goffstown NH (the next town over to the west), and later on the radar, the storm looked to weaken steadily. My guess, it was the core collapsing that caused severe wind.

From what I was observing from Goffstown NH (the next town over to the west), and later on the radar, the storm looked to weaken steadily. My guess, it was the core collapsing that caused severe wind.

Low level lapse rates were actually pretty good in southern NH too, definitely a supportive environment.

Low level lapse rates were actually pretty good in southern NH too, definitely a supportive environment.

Yeah, that makes sense.

10-15 mi NW of MHT, the strongest winds were with the rain/hail falling and not any early gust front. It was pretty wild.

NAM keeps the best instability tomorrow on the south coast... with best shear along and north of the Pike. A bit out of phase.

Bottom line - looks like a lot of storms - probably many severe ones. I doubt widespread damage or sig svr though attm. Things would have to be in better phase to get more excited.

NAM keeps the best instability tomorrow on the south coast... with best shear along and north of the Pike. A bit out of phase.

Bottom line - looks like a lot of storms - probably many severe ones. I doubt widespread damage or sig svr though attm. Things would have to be in better phase to get more excited.

I'm just happy if it rains..lol. Wind would be nice, but I'll take a good storm. Hopefully I can salvage one. I feel like CT/RI and TAN/PYM on south could do fairly well.

SREFs are much better looking tomorrow all around.

The probabilities for exceeding 20K Craven-Brooks SIG SVR are excellent in southern New England, PA, NY and NJ. Too bad we couldn't get some better wind shear (same old story).

The probabilities for exceeding 20K Craven-Brooks SIG SVR are excellent in southern New England, PA, NY and NJ. Too bad we couldn't get some better wind shear (same old story).

Yeah that's pretty good for sure. For once I have the day off and timing looks good in the aftn, so hoping to see something. I'm interested to see how these clouds hang around in the morning, but I think the lack of height falls and gradual backing of winds to more W-WSW will help keeping it further north and hopefully dissolve with time.

We've had a couple events that, in hindsight, would have warranted that sort of outlook. It's just so hard to call up here.

I meant a setup that would very obviously warrant such an outlook (particularly in the synoptic sense, but also from a meso/micro scale point of view as well).

The 6/1/11 setup, IMO, was a 10%, sig-hatched tor-warranted setup, the storm coverage (particularly concerning discrete, long-lived supercells) was just not enough to warrant anything further (same with 6/9/53 in all likelihood).

Archived