SNE severe/convective thread IX...or whatever number we're on

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No watch?

T minus 9 mins IMO

temps are baking in SNE today.

as usual (it seems) day of late afternoon front passing temps are warmer than progged.

i.e taunton at 88 at 950 am progged for 90 high on point and click. they will see 94 at least . 850 temps are still around 21c there. fuel for some big bombs later

would think an area that may get screwed maybe the portsmouth to nashua to the money pit mike area.

looks like you stil have a couple hour in ayer,mass proll till at least 1pm (of sun) to fire something.

temps/dews are just starting to bake in sne ....20c air from bos pike southward with some 21c plus air in se mass. 19 c from portsmouth to haverhill to fitchburg.

Of course...

Hope you are right. Not worried about my place in Danvers. Just hope to see some good stuff here in Cambridge...

Better to be in Cambridge than Danvers.

The shear is strong so any storms will get pushed east. I just think we may be on the line, best stuff may be s and sw.

Maybe I'll get lucky, but I just have a bad vibe about this event for most of MA, especially north of the Pike. Mother Nature could really be giving me a finger with regard to this event as I was too far south of the forcing yesterday to cash in on any rain and storms while the action fires south of me today along the cold front.

I could foresee big cumulonimbus and anvils in my southern sky this afternoon while I get NW flow and dropping dew points. Last night I had a sheet lightning show in my northern sky. I think convective initiation will occur near my latitude so it'll be close, but I think the best of the action stays south. I really need some dang rain. My neighbor's katsura tree has lost almost all of it's leaves and may be mostly dead.

This could be a great afternoon for Wiz, Ginx, and Kevin, but not so much up this way unless the cold front slows down or the convection fires in time. Noon time cold frontal passages are not usually a good thing for severe weather. Those in CT, RI, and SE MA enjoy!

Maybe I'll get lucky, but I just have a bad vibe about this event for most of MA, especially north of the Pike. Mother Nature could really be giving me a finger with regard to this event as I was too far south of the forcing yesterday to cash in on any rain and storms while the action fires south of me today along the cold front.

I could foresee big cumulonimbus and anvils in my southern sky this afternoon while I get NW flow and dropping dew points. Last night I had a sheet lightning show in my northern sky. I think convective initiation will occur near my latitude so it'll be close, but I think the best of the action stays south. I really need some dang rain. My neighbor's katsura tree has lost almost all of it's leaves and may be mostly dead.

This could be a great afternoon for Wiz, Ginx, and Kevin, but not so much up this way unless the cold front slows down or the convection fires in time. Noon time cold frontal passages are not usually a good thing for severe weather. Those in CT, RI, and SE MA enjoy!

Sweet thanks for the heads up Mitch

Weekapaug, dude you are killing me, first day back to work, first day in long pants in 18 days. How is the surf?

If it helps... the 3 to 4 foot surf we've had the past few days is a bit flatter today - maybe 1 to 2 feet. Waters are still incredibly warm and virtually no seaweed. Haven't seen consistently clean water like this in years. Channel 10 this am had the water temps at 74-79!!

An eerie dead calm outside - very unusual for the immediate coast to not even have a slight breeze at 11am on a summer morning. 86/73.

Archived