Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
SNE severe/convective thread IX...or whatever number we're on

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it helps... the 3 to 4 foot surf we've had the past few days is a bit flatter today - maybe 1 to 2 feet. Waters are still incredibly warm and virtually no seaweed. Haven't seen consistently clean water like this in years. Channel 10 this am had the water temps at 74-79!!

An eerie dead calm outside - very unusual for the immediate coast to not even have a slight breeze at 11am on a summer morning. 86/73.

Yea I caught that surf, very odd day for sure, not sure what it means but not typical by any means.

Depends on how long it takes for the cap to erode. I actually like the fact we're capped. It will make the initial convective initiation quite explosive. Agreed with Mitch about north of the Pike.

Probably after 1-2? Some CU here along the seabreeze front.

I think most of CT and RI into TAN is great. If I had to guess a spot it would be near and just south of I-84 in CT.

:weenie: chuck em

Yeah I think RI, CT, SE Mass, and a chunk of SE NY (north of NYC) is game on for big svr. I will probably update the "threat" graphic I use from "enhanced" to "significant".

:weenie: chuck em

Yeah I think RI, CT, SE Mass, and a chunk of SE NY (north of NYC) is game on for big svr. I will probably update the "threat" graphic I use from "enhanced" to "significant".

Most of the time I don't feel comfortable chucking them, but this looks great for that area and it seems like you agree. Think it's time to chuck.

Archived