Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
SNE severe/convective thread IX...or whatever number we're on

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:huh:

.PARTLY SUNNY. SCATTERED SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON.

HOT. HUMID WITH HIGHS IN THE LOWER 90S. WEST WINDS AROUND

10 MPH...BECOMING SOUTHWEST IN THE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF RAIN

50 PERCENT. HEAT INDEX VALUES UP TO 102.

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. SCATTERED SHOWERS. LOCALLY

HEAVY RAINFALL POSSIBLE AFTER MIDNIGHT. HUMID WITH LOWS IN THE

UPPER 60S. EAST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH...BECOMING NORTH AFTER

MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF RAIN 50 PERCENT.

I think we certainly have to watch for some sort of action possibly later this evening/early overnight across parts of the region at least. It's awfully unstable down here and we will keep unstable through the night. Just something to watch anyways.

I agree with the thoughts of wind shift tomorrow. If that does indeed happen and we do dry out the lower-levels some this would potentially preclude a more widespread/significant severe weather event from occurring. Regardless though tomorrow should be quite active with a good amount of severe reports but the question is will we see something more widespread/significant?

I think we certainly have to watch for some sort of action possibly later this evening/early overnight across parts of the region at least. It's awfully unstable down here and we will keep unstable through the night. Just something to watch anyways.

I agree with the thoughts of wind shift tomorrow. If that does indeed happen and we do dry out the lower-levels some this would potentially preclude a more widespread/significant severe weather event from occurring. Regardless though tomorrow should be quite active with a good amount of severe reports but the question is will we see something more widespread/significant?

Shear at this point looks sort of meh... a few things to keep this from becoming too big. Still it will be quite active. Looks good in general.

Shear at this point looks sort of meh... a few things to keep this from becoming too big. Still it will be quite active. Looks good in general.

I'd like to see some stronger shear but at least there is pretty solid speed shear in place with a full unidirectional flow. Big Capes too could compensate some for the lack of stronger shear with some pretty nasty downward acceleration on rain cooled air.

I know what makes this threat tomorrow a bit more "scary" at least in CT is tomorrow the Rock Cats have a late morning game and there will be many camps across the state at the game, mine included. Should see tons of CG too

I also put a Ginx factor of 7 for some flooding tomorrow evening along parts of the south coast.

I wonder if I even see anything. I could see myself on the line.

LOL, figures back to work tomorrow, my building does not do intense rain very well in spots, although for 360,000 sq ft of roof and glass only a couple of spots give me trouble.

With the issues regarding the possibility of drying out the lower levels a bit and shear not being overly strong that will preclude this from being a monstrous damaging wind producing day but we certainly will see a fair share of damaging wind reports along with some hail reports. If shear was stronger though and we didn't have worries of mixing out low-level moisture tomorrow would probably be a solid moderate risk type day with a substantial number of wind damage reports....probably similar to that of 7/18/06

Archived