joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE severe/convective thread IX...or whatever number we're on

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that sounds good. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some storms fire as early as noon. Early show.

It seems like most of the severe, damaging storms always happen early-middle afternoon to as late as 5:00. You get those 1-3:00 storms..they always seem to do the most damage. Wonder if it's just due to peak heating or something?

It seems like most of the severe, damaging storms always happen early-middle afternoon to as late as 5:00. You get those 1-3:00 storms..they always seem to do the most damage. Wonder if it's just due to peak heating or something?

Yeah it helps to get storms in during peak heating.

At 04:50 PM, a watcher has noticed a funnel cloud over the lake St-Louis that is moving east at 70 km/h. The thunderstorm is approaching the Richelieu Valley, mostly the St-Jean Marieville area.

Gusts of 100 km/h or more and possibly hail of 2 cm or more and frequent lightning are associated with this thunderstorm system.

Please take immediate safety precautions and listen for subsequent warnings. This warning is in effect from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM EDT.

EC Warning (although it is old by now...)

I also put a Ginx factor of 7 for some flooding tomorrow evening along parts of the south coast.

I wonder if I even see anything. I could see myself on the line.

I'm thinking the same thing here, though it looks like I may have a better chance than you, but the way this year has been going, I can see two storms on either side...one in Sharon, one in Avon that merge over Brockton and totally miss me. The stuff yesterday missed me by a mile or so with just a few big drops here, while Brockton/W. Bridgewater at least got something. Last year, it seemed every tstorm/hvy rain targeted my house. Exact opposite this year. I don't care too much for severe weather, but I love torrential rain.

I think you might want to monitor events around Lake Ontario in 3-4 hours to see if a squall line or even derecho is forming. For southern New England, I think that might be the more active threat, the heavy storms further north will pull this developing feature along. Strong cells are forming near Lake Huron at present time and with the extreme heat across the lower lakes region, once anything severe gets rolling it could roll all night. Not saying derecho for certain, more probability of a squall line. Rough timing would be 0300h EDT for western MA, 0500-0600h for BOS to eastern CT.

I'm thinking the same thing here, though it looks like I may have a better chance than you, but the way this year has been going, I can see two storms on either side...one in Sharon, one in Avon that merge over Brockton and totally miss me. The stuff yesterday missed me by a mile or so with just a few big drops here, while Brockton/W. Bridgewater at least got something. Last year, it seemed every tstorm/hvy rain targeted my house. Exact opposite this year. I don't care too much for severe weather, but I love torrential rain.

You guys are a good spot for tstms naturally. I can't quite figure out why, other than a natural seabreeze convergence zone from the south coast.

Anyways, it look good down that way tomorrow.

Archived