joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 9-20 2012 Obs and Discussion

mattmfm

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not in our county...are you expecting the western batch to survive the mountains? The one hi-res WRF I looked at did bring them across the mountains.

looks like they should make it.. environment is pretty decent out ahead of them. we'll be losing that somewhat but would think they'll maintain at least. coverage might be iffy as far as stronger parts around here.

looks like they should make it.. environment is pretty decent out ahead of them. we'll be losing that somewhat but would think they'll maintain at least. coverage might be iffy as far as stronger parts around here.

Good appetizer for the "1-2" of rain" I was promised tomorrow by WTOP.

Nice call. Looks as if they are strengthing some as they come out of the mountains, Especially along 81 from HGR to MRB to OKV

Nice call. Looks as if they are strengthing some as they come out of the mountains, Especially along 81 from HGR to MRB to OKV

still 2-3k cape (or was) right up against the ridges. could see a svr warning somewhere out near you maybe. i wouldnt expect that here except lwx overwarns dc so it's always possible. :P either way with sunset time to ripen is short.

still 2-3k cape (or was) right up against the ridges. could see a svr warning somewhere out near you maybe. i wouldnt expect that here except lwx overwarns dc so it's always possible. :P either way with sunset time to ripen is short.

Think they strengthen a bit then start to weaken as they reach the cities doorstep. ML lapse rates aren't great to withstand anything after dark. We do have some shear on our side plus the days instability.

Would the outflow from the Baltimore cell(s) have any effect on the line as it approches the DC metro area?

probably not much.. maybe where they intersect but it's not that long of a boundary.. perhaps somewhere in loudoun/moco. some little cells firing behind it.

1500-2000 MLCAPE east of BR per 00z SPC meso and 1500-2000 SBCAPE... LI's are good at -6... so pretty much heavy rain and good lightning from the line probably... LL Lapse Rates are okay enough for some wind gusts (7.0-7.5C/KM still)...PWATS of just over 2.0 pretty much ensures we should see some torrential downpours as well

The section of the line between fred md and front royal has improved nicely the last 45 mins. My hot pepper plants could sure use the rain. I was too lazy to water today and it looks like my laziness will be rewarded.

Peppers - especially the hot ones - usually do well with a period of heat and dryness. Not so much that they wilt for days, but a little droopiness will never hurt.

That said, my garden (and lawn) could use the rain right about now.

Archived