joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 9-20 2012 Obs and Discussion

mattmfm

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a possibility of strong winds with any storms coming in? We will be down at Wolf Trap tonight and I am thinking of taking in our patio umbrella.

I'd be a little concerned with stronger gusts from the possible line of storms the hi-res models have coming in early-mid evening. In any case, better safe than sorry.

wxbug too low.. dmh too hi. use good ole' bwi. :P\

most boring conversation ever.

One thing I look at wx bug for is dewpoints. Their locations seem better for that than home Davis setups under trees...

There is one wxbug site near me on top of the roof of the school for the church I go to. They het crazy wind readings.

One thing I look at wx bug for is dewpoints. Their locations seem better for that than home Davis setups under trees...

There is one wxbug site near me on top of the roof of the school for the church I go to. They het crazy wind readings.

Is it in the chapel? ;)

ill check them every now and then in the city etc ... they're certainly better than most home stations.

FWIW, when I first moved to Stephens City I would always reference the nearby wxbug station.... and get angry that Stephens City was always 4 - 5 degrees warmer than forecasted (every day seemingly). I can check the overnights with my own thermometer, but I don't have a suitable setup / location to accurately measure daytime temps. Finally, I decided I was going to that school and find where that station sits. I walked the entire grounds of that school and never found it. I figure it must be on the roof; therefore, I ignore it's temperature reports.

I better not get fringed again like yesterday. I barely missed the DC cell around 5pm and it made me melancholy

I didn't even get fringed. My grass looks like straw. I hope the WV storms hold together or I'll blame wxmeddler and Ian. I need to blame someone for this hot, dry summer.

I didn't even get fringed. My grass looks like straw. I hope the WV storms hold together or I'll blame wxmeddler and Ian. I need to blame someone for this hot, dry summer.

my grass is exploding in happiness after the recent isolated deluges. so there.

my grass is exploding in happiness after the recent isolated deluges. so there.

I'm surprised you didn't need a boat. Looks like some of the showers just parked over DC over the past week or so. More importantly than my poor straw, the corn around here is starting to looks mighty stressed. I like corn more than grass so I'll continue to blame someone, maybe I'll switch to H20/Andy since he is the water man and I ain't getting any water.

I'm surprised you didn't need a boat. Looks like some of the showers just parked over DC over the past week or so. More importantly than my poor straw, the corn around here is starting to looks mighty stressed. I like corn more than grass so I'll continue to blame someone, maybe I'll switch to H20/Andy since he is the water man and I ain't getting any water.

Dave is our drought master, so blame him

My specialty is underground water not above ground. Ma nature seems to know this and torments me. Brown grass here too.

Aviation Dave? OK, I'll blame him, Andy is about to do me a favor so I need to be nice to him for another day or two before I can push the blame over to him.

Yes, along with Leesburg04 :lol: Something about Loudoun County droughts...

BTW, where has Leesburg been? And did I miss Ji getting canned?

Archived