amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
July 9-20 2012 Obs and Discussion

mattmfm

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're probably only 4 weeks away from our first "real" candadian front. Cool, dry, continental air is my fave. It might be 6 weeks away but still......getting close.

I ♥ temperatures in the mid to upper 70s, low dewpoints and that pristine blue sky that can be delivered with those fronts. Among my favorite types of weather!

I think it's more like a derecho echo. Since the derecho hit, all storms are severe and everything is a derecho.

Agreed, this is more run of the mill squall line/bow echo. It originates out in Ohio, not Iowa.

If I lose my power again I'll blame the NAM, wxmeddler and Ian for the bad karma. Here we need the rain but not the downed trees and lost power.

*Disclaimer: I do not endorse any damage caused or indicated by the above model run... :lightning:

Thanks, MN.

Would anything firing ahead of it have much of an effect on that batch as it makes its way towards us?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm truly interested in an educational way.

Well, the NAM pretty much wants the Ohio stuff to be the only game. The HRRR has some storms popping up out front, and then weakens the main batch after the mountains. As long as the stuff out front isn't too widespread, it wouldn't work over the atmosphere too much. The new SPC comments should be out in the next little while.

Agreed, this is more run of the mill squall line/bow echo. It originates out in Ohio, not Iowa.

*Disclaimer: I do not endorse any damage caused or indicated by the above model run... :lightning:

it was a joke. not to mention it's a 10p plot of a hi res model so it's probably wrong.

Well, the NAM pretty much wants the Ohio stuff to be the only game. The HRRR has some storms popping up out front, and then weakens the main batch after the mountains. As long as the stuff out front isn't too widespread, it wouldn't work over the atmosphere too much. The new SPC comments should be out in the next little while.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Archived