northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
July 2012 Obs and Discussion Thread

metalicwx366

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like some help is down in Pike/Merriwether and trying to get to me. Can it hold together, or when it gets to the fork, will it take it? Seven days with only a quarter inch seem unreasonable punishment for getting 5 inches plus, in 24 hours. Especially when every one, including Lookout is getting way more :) T

Nothing so far today... they've upped our chances to 70% for this evening... after dropping the 50% to 40% earlier. I'm thinking everything is going to wash out before traveling another 15 miles this direction... we'll see. Southern counties of the RAH forecast area are getting lucky again.

Lol, thanks, Larry, for the kindness, no matter how misguided :) It's the moles. I only made the mojo logo...and it hasn't helped me since I aimed it to north Atl. I have .25 for the last 7 days, while every one else, Chris included, is getting rains :) Today looks good though with clouds and cool early. Even if the clouds don't produce, I'll enjoy the cool. Tony

Tony, Tony, Tony,

Not only are you of incredible value...you are modest. I mean letting the moles take credit. That's quite commendable. If that isn't enough, I got a third evening in a row of thunderstorms albeit not nearly as heavy...about 0.30"..three day total of ~2.8"!

2.57 and counting at KCHA. My IMBY total is now over 3 inches. Saw rainfall today so heavy it reminded me of September 2009. Earlier tonight I recorded 1.6 inches of rain in 35 minutes. That's some of the most intense rainfall I've seen here in quite some time.

That last light shower pushing up from Cumberland County, nudge the gauge at home above three inches total. I feel safe in saying parts of Fayetteville topped 4 inches easily, thought the official airport total is less than half that. More impressive, we got rain for four straight days. I can't recall the last time in July that's happened.

It keeps raining. Then the sun comes out. Then it pours again. Currently heavy rain and some wind along with half of the sky being blue. It was thundering good earlier. So far about half an inch today.

According to weather.com, we saw 0.46 on the 10th, 0.06 on the 11th, 0.48 on the 12th. Maybe radar is overestimating the totals?

Edit: Another heavy downpour occurring. :thumbsup:

Looks like Cheston (EmersonGA) is getting some good rain today. Once again we have missed the heaviest stuff. It's getting old.

You ain't kidding. I came home to a pond. When it comes to Emerson and rainfall I'm reminded of my baseball days. As a younger man I played with a kid named Wilbur. Wilbur was average at every aspect of baseball except hitting. He carried somewhere close to a .100 average but when he hit that one pitch it not only went out of the park it went over into the middle of the football field. He would just close his eyes and swing as hard as he could. Emerson is the same way. We get nothing for month long stretches and then a day like today happens. We picked up 2.2" in a very short period making my weekly total 3.35". It took a week of two but Tony's mole people finally made it my way. Maybe they can turn south to Kennesaw. I'm at 72 degrees now by the way.

Archived