Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2012 Obs and Discussion Thread

metalicwx366

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a month for rainfall! It was quite warm in July, but the rainfall balanced it out for me. It's hard to believe that I saw rainfall on almost two thirds of the days in July! So atypical for recent times. I had a chance at seven inches of rainfall yesterday, but the storm only dropped 0.43 inch. So, I finished just shy of seven inches of rainfall for the month. Here are the stats from my PWS for the month:

Final July Stats:

Hi Temp: 102.1 F (on 7/01)

Hi Temp Above 90: 24 days

Lo Temp: 64.5 F (on 7/06)

Lo Temp Above 70: 8 days

Mean Temp: 77.8 F

Hi Wind Gust: 18.0 mph (on 7/03)

Total Rainfall: 6.89 in (measured rainfall > 0.01 in on 17 different days)

Wettest Day: 1.50 in (on 7/10)

Rainfall for Year: 29.66 in (Jan - July)

July was just a terrible month in the rainfall department here. 1.23" was our total which makes it the driest month of 2012 so far. It's pretty funny how July was so dry for me while everyone else got hammered.

I did a little research on CoCoRaHS about how bad I got screwed during July. Here's what I found...

Station 2 miles to my south- 3.47" in July

Station 2 miles to my southwest- 3.55" in July

Me- 1.23" in July

2012 so far- 20.18"

I really hope August is wetter!

July was just a terrible month in the rainfall department here. 1.23" was our total which makes it the driest month of 2012 so far. It's pretty funny how July was so dry for me while everyone else got hammered.

I did a little research on CoCoRaHS about how bad I got screwed during July. Here's what I found...

Me- 1.23" in July

2012 so far- 20.18"

Sounds like those 2 stations near you got screwed too. 3.47" and 3.55" are low totals for July. I think average rainfall in July is between 5 and 6".

Big difference between June and July temperature wise. Still haven't hit 100 yet.

June

sd8g.png

July

2czub02.png

Southeast Georgia rain totals from wunderground.

Brunswick... ... ... ... .. 0.71 St Simons Island... .. 1.21

Homerville 5n... ... ... . 1.35 Alma... ... ... ... ... .. 3.92

Pridgen... ... ... ... ... . 4.40 Baxley 5nnw... ... ... . 2.95

Woodbine... ... ... ... ... 1.72 Hazlehurst... ... ... .. 3.76

Fargo 17ne... ... ... ... . 1.86 Patterson... ... ... ... 2.24

Waycross 4ne... ... ... .. 3.85 Manor... ... ... ... ... . 4.15

Nahunta 6ne... ... ... ... 2.58 Jesup 8s... ... ... ... . 4.96

Me- 1.23" in July

2012 so far- 20.18"

I've put the moles on getting us a hurricane. If it works, then this will be a glorious winter, lol. Meanwhile, I'm back to watering daily, to keep the garden going, but I'm shocked at the dead trees and bushes around the property. I've had way more rain than you in July, but getting it all in two days, apparently isn't the way to go :) T

I wanted to Share these cool Pics from this Months Earlier Seaver Storms going on in Brunswick County..Taken through the trees these Storms/Clouds were in another County..(I mean the Storm itself was in another county)

They were more "dramatic" looking before I grabbed the Camera to take a couple shots..

They were Roiling & boiling up above Me, seriously these shots do what I saw, no Justus...

Pre-MammatusSky.jpg

Similar clouds to what you saw from a distance were directly over me; they were much more "squarish polygons" with sharp, icy boundaries. It was a totally jaw-dropping sight...and then they turned into this: (my camera is broken but after scouring the net have found this to be the best facsimile.)

MammatusClouds.jpg

Archived