• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Looking ahead to July 4th Wx..Ensembles warm to above normal

Damage In Tolland

He's holding onto the best forecast possible...he will never mention the Euro ensembles cool weather after the brief warmer weather . I'm sure he would mention them if they were warmer....but it looks cool after a brief warmup.

It doesn't look cool at all. There is no cool over the next 10-14 days. It looks above normal. Meteorolgy,not modelology

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, this is actually looking even more intense than any year except 1936, as I just posted in another thread, the Kansas-Nebraska heat wave is setting early sesaon and even monthly records for June, of course July has been 5 F higher at most places in their all-time records, but years that are mentioned for daily records past four days are mainly 1911 and 1954, two very severe heat summers. As for 1936 coming into play, that apparently started up around this date and started to spread east around July 4-7. The 1911 major heat wave built up around now and spread east June 29-July 5, then backed off slightly to frequent 95-100 F type heat after a few days closer to 105 F.

In other words, the signal is there for this extreme heat to spread out and move east in waves. I thunk the odds are pretty high that this summer will join the top ten in the northeast and almost 100% for the central plains states, so that says about 80% likely for the Midwest. Whether you want to use mean July-August temps or extreme highs or numbers of 90+ or 100+ days, I imagine it will rank top 10 in all those indices.

This could get nasty

After first forecasting a wire to wire June torch, then a later June torch, I'm looking forward to seeing Blizz's July wire to wire torch fail as well. Why he doesn't listen to Will /Scooter I will never understand. Listen and learn.

I'll defend Kevin here. The tail end of this week starting today into Saturday has come in warmer than progged a few days ago. Today looks to be near normal for most but starting tomorrow we all go above normal through the weekend. This heat dome means business.

The weekend always looked warm...what am I missing? Alternating shots of cool and hot with the death ridge to our SW...

Warm yes, but from what I am seeing now, mid 90's? I don't recall seeing modeling showing low/mid 90's for Fri/Sat/Sun until yesterday. That's well above normal and beyond warm.

Warm yes, but from what I am seeing now, mid 90's? I don't recall seeing modeling showing low/mid 90's for Fri/Sat/Sun until yesterday. That's well above normal and beyond warm.

Bob, it was well above normal even 7 days out. Not surprisingly its coming in warmer now given the magnitude of the ridge to our west.

Maybe it warmed a few degrees, but near 90F was always there. To me it is typical summer heat while the exceptional heat is shunted to our south.

Bob, it was well above normal even 7 days out. Not surprisingly its coming in warmer now given the magnitude of the ridge to our west.

Maybe it warmed a few degrees, but near 90F was always there. To me it is typical summer heat while the exceptional heat is shunted to our south.

Nice weather, hope the Tstorms stay south too. Looking forward to settling in to a typical summer pattern. Man I feel bad for Colorado though. That is a brutal assault with heat and super dry. Hopefully they can get at least one organized rainfall.

I'll defend Kevin here. The tail end of this week starting today into Saturday has come in warmer than progged a few days ago. Today looks to be near normal for most but starting tomorrow we all go above normal through the weekend. This heat dome means business.

Very chilly and breezy here AGAIN today. June comes in below normal. Wire to wire torch fail. There is nothing to defend. Stop with the troll posts already.

It has gotten a little warmer since a few days ago

Maybe up 3-4 degrees? Still ho hum looking. Typical summer temps

A bit to the south looks awful

Hot-lanta

Yeah typical summer weather...last week some highs near 90F, now highs in the 50s and 60s, then this weekend BTV calling for mid 80s...then models show it cools off again.

Typical rollarcoaster ride while Blizz dreams of being in Atlanta.

Then again, let's all try to not use the models...it's all about meteorology and not modelology.

Well AMOUT..the op Euro was waaayy too cool for next week as the Euro ens and GEFS absolutely roast us days 8-10. If you guys want all this convection you are going to be forced not only to accept this AN pattern, but also root it on. NW flow events galore to break the every 2-3 day heat waves

No roast, just summer like wx.

GEFS are a roast..Euro ens are a torch days 8-10..certainly warmer than op

No they aren't. I hope you didn't look at the models because if you did....lord help you.

A 1-2C anomaly at 850 is not a torch.

It's more like the 8-10 where it warms up. Next week actually cooled down on the runs today.

GEFS are a roast..Euro ens are a torch days 8-10..certainly warmer than op

No they aren't. I hope you didn't look at the models because if you did....lord help you.

A 1-2C anomaly at 850 is not a torch.

It's more like the 8-10 where it warms up. Next week actually cooled down on the runs today.

LOL! You guys should take this show on the road. Blizz just keeps peddling the torch even when the pros tell him he's seeing things. Acute Lesco Intoxication, the only logical conclusion one can draw.

Archived