• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Looking ahead to July 4th Wx..Ensembles warm to above normal

Damage In Tolland

Another weenie statement. GFS had this going over Tampa yesterday. At this point, a split the difference may have worked as weird as that is. So far, I would say the GFS is performing better..but it still could be off big time in terms of timing. Euro as of late still has better verification scores.

The Euro solution was clearly abysmal. Are we all supposed to be mets? Should we all be held to the highest of all standards, even though this is a hobby and something we clearly all love.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, what happened to the massive heat wave? Another Circle of Sizzle fizzle.

I love reading these posts during the warmest year ever recorded to date in the state of mass. Its loltastic, especially coming off a 3 day heatwave where all time daily and monthly records were broken loltastic

The Euro solution was clearly abysmal. Are we all supposed to be mets? Should we all be held to the highest of all standards, even though this is a hobby and something we clearly all love.

Even if the GFS Is 100% correct, That is a top 5 weenie statement to make so early.

Even if the GFS Is 100% correct, That is a top 5 weenie statement to make so early.

Its another god awful looking tropical system which seems to be the underlying theme the last two years. Funny how we got to 4 quicker then ever before, yet most foreasts were for a very quiet season (which still might be the case)

Its another god awful looking tropical system which seems to be the underlying theme the last two years. Funny how we got to 4 quicker then ever before, yet most foreasts were for a very quiet season (which still might be the case)

Yeah but look at the storms. They were all hybrid which seem to be classified more and more with better technology. This is why Thw work done by Landsea et al suggest the basin likely averages 2-3 more storms than we first throught years ago.

Yeah but look at the storms. They were all hybrid which seem to be classified more and more with better technology. This is why Thw work done by Landsea et al suggest the basin likely averages 2-3 more storms than we first throught years ago.

homegrown hybrid mania, blah so far, if the euro has a clue and debbie can stall there might be a chance for something fun as its could crawl west. Sheer should relax tomorrow a bit.

I love reading these posts during the warmest year ever recorded to date in the state of mass. Its loltastic, especially coming off a 3day heatwave where all time daily and monthly records were broken loltastic

Never even hit 90 here so no heat wave. Also, June is coming in below normal. Your torch is dead. Face the facts dude. Maybe you should move to the desert SW, this is New England, we do snow and cold here.

Oops, there goes any 80's forecast for next weekend. Just cool 60's and 70's.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 58.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 78.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 78.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 78.

The heat looks absolutely gross west of the Apps over the next 2 weeks on the Euro. It's weird seeing 1/3 of the country in 100s and widespread 110s in the MS/TN Valleys with 28C+ 850s. I love summer warmth, but who in their right mind would want that airmass up here?

Joe the euro obviously trended towards the GFS in terms of direction from a few days ago, but the timing is still off. The euro may be 24-48 hrs sooner and a way different dorection with landfall of that and the NHC are correct. That's a big error for the GFS if it were to happen like that. The piece of crap is stalled so who knows. It could be a deal where the euro once again steals a victory and though the GFS had the right idea. Possibly.

Joe the euro obviously trended towards the GFS in terms of direction from a few days ago, but the timing is still off. The euro may be 24-48 hrs sooner and a way different dorection with landfall of that and the NHC are correct. That's a big error for the GFS if it were to happen like that. The piece of crap is stalled so who knows. It could be a deal where the euro once again steals a victory and though the GFS had the right idea. Possibly.

its so weak I would not be shocked if the pos just drifted west

The heat looks absolutely gross west of the Apps over the next 2 weeks on the Euro. It's weird seeing 1/3 of the country in 100s and widespread 110s in the MS/TN Valleys with 28C+ 850s. I love summer warmth, but who in their right mind would want that airmass up here?

My air conditioner is not afraid of anything.

It'd be cool to experience that at least once, mostly just to see how CT Blizz would play it up and MRG would play it down. :sizzle:

You know what is happening.. Debbie is going to have a big effect on our wx..It's pumping so much heat north that it's now going to give us a nice HHH weekend with 90 and high dews. It's not allowing the trough to dig as much as models forecast..2) it's shoving the ULL to our North and east faster than was progged.and it's also going to mean any cooling next week is feeble at best as Debbie mills around off the SE coast, not allowing any big press of cooler air. Amazing how this has worked out

Meteorology..not modelology.

The trend is warmer no doubt about that, was pretty surprised how much okx bumped temps this week, I think everyone knew that this weekend has the chance of being pretty warm especially the further sw you are. Its going to be very close at bdl and orh for this months departures, only interested for historical purposes, but even bos and pvd took a substantial step away from impressive chill. Thursday looks pretty normal, it will come down to friday and saturday.

Boston forecast at 91-72 for Saturday-that may do it if the previous days trend warmer too.

I think BOS is safely below for the month, but I would think bdl does come in above slightly, orh is the wildcard, again to 99% of weenies they could care less.

Archived