• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Looking ahead to July 4th Wx..Ensembles warm to above normal

Damage In Tolland

As we are all giddy and amped up about the impending massive heatwave about to ensue..we can now begin to look ahead to the holiday week.

After the brief mild down to normal early next week..the ensembles have been hinting at a big warmup centered on the early part of the week of the 4th or so.

Will that lock in for July or will it be back and forth.

3 more full summer months to go!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The nearly everyday showers/thundershowers will likely temper any excessive heat approaching the 4th. Hopefully we can touch 100 several more times prior to the end of July, ending with a 8 - 10 day heat wave in August.

What a huge fail. Just a big stinky pile of fail. Silly threads like this really clutter the sub-forum. Hopefully Kevin is punished for this frivolous act of sabotage. At least it will serve as a one stop place to ridicule Blizz and LL as day after day fails to torch.

Not a fail. Nearly all guidance has us flipping above for a few days as we near the 4th. I love you dearly but you are a troll.

Not a fail. Nearly all guidance has us flipping above for a few days as we near the 4th. I love you dearly but you are a troll.

I'm just an antidote to Kevin's unrealistic depiction of what the models show. A glancing blow of un remarkable heat after another week of temps in the 60's with rain. This is a far cry from the all torch all the time drought stricken summer Kevin is peddling.

I'm just an antidote to Kevin's unrealistic depiction of what the models show. A glancing blow of un remarkable heat after another week of temps in the 60's with rain. This is a far cry from the all torch all the time drought stricken summer Kevin is peddling.

Given the hype in April and May, I thought New England was supposed to be a desert by the 4th of July.

Still don't see an above normal regime for days and days. While there may be interludes of warm wx....I'm not sure it quantifies as above. If it is, it's by a pube.

If you look through weenie googles it's above normal through October 1st, at which point it magically goes to sustained below normal.

Thank you Jerry for bringing some reality back to this thread. We head to above normal again after this week overall

Jerry said a couple days of above normal...he didn't say overall. You make it sound like he said the month of July.

No one thinks next weekend will be below normal...but the pattern doesn't support a month long torch.

Making the New Hampshire 'kid trip' early this year. Heading to Santa's Village a week from today. Will likely drive up the rock pile on Monday, head through Grafton Notch State Park, make it down to Bath, ME for a few days with the in-laws (ftl). But, will run the ever-exciting Bath 5-mile Indepence Day race.

Hopefully, weather will cooperate........

Jerry said a couple days of above normal...he didn't say overall. You make it sound like he said the month of July.

No one thinks next weekend will be below normal...but the pattern doesn't support a month long torch.

MRG dies. Talking about cloudy and cold and wet for next 10. I don't know if he's drunk or doing it to get a rise or is just having trouble

All anyone has to do is read Scooters analysis and then yours. One a well respected Met the other a flaming weenie. Get a clue dude.

Late next week and weekend do have the potential of being warm, that is true. But, with a little blocking to our north and ridge out west...I can't get excited for big heat if that is your thing. Will there be warm days, of course...it's summer after all.

Late next week and weekend do have the potential of being warm, that is true. But, with a little blocking to our north and ridge out west...I can't get excited for big heat if that is your thing. Will there be warm days, of course...it's summer after all.

Very warm is a distinct possibility.

man oh man.

Today was it, it was the best day of the summer, no doubt about it, temps in the low 80s with a perfect breeze at the beach, cant do any better!!!

One day of showers to keep everything green then sun starting tuesday temps in the 70s then into the 80s by thur or friday. Next weekend is warm, its an amazing weather pattern thats yielding prime time weekends!

Lets start a tanning thread!

Exactly. A day or two of warmth but overall there is no reason to think there is anything like a true heat wave anytime soon. In the near term we will have a week dominated by clouds,showers, and 60's for highs. The Warminista crew is reduced to squawking about a day in the 80's possible at the end of the LR. Sad for them, joyous for us.

Man, the Euro has been abysmal lately, what an absolute choke job with Debbie, taken by the woodshed by the new and improved GFS.

Another weenie statement. GFS had this going over Tampa yesterday. At this point, a split the difference may have worked as weird as that is. So far, I would say the GFS is performing better..but it still could be off big time in terms of timing. Euro as of late still has better verification scores.

Another weenie statement. GFS had this going over Tampa yesterday. At this point, a split the difference may have worked as weird as that is. So far, I would say the GFS is performing better..but it still could be off big time in terms of timing. Euro as of late still has better verification scores.

It's fun to watch you throw cold water on the weenies.

As we are all giddy and amped up about the impending massive heatwave about to ensue..we can now begin to look ahead to the holiday week.

After the brief mild down to normal early next week..the ensembles have been hinting at a big warmup centered on the 4th or so.

Will that lock in for July or will it be back and forth.

3 more full summer months to go!

Wait, what happened to the massive heat wave? Another Circle of Sizzle fizzle.

Archived