CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Looking ahead to July 4th Wx..Ensembles warm to above normal

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wfella. Cmon no way. friday 19c 850s at 19z at bos. Maybe 95 w or nw winds but that's it

Just reporting wht NAM is putting out. Widespread 100+. I see it as a signal that Friday will have little trouble heating with dry air but we'll see. I'm heading south for the weekend to roast.....lol.

Pretty much AWT..Even next weeks warm down is still AN..FTW

SNE WILL BE ON THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SIGNIFICANT HEAT AND

HUMIDITY AND A PIECE OF THIS HEAT WILL LIKELY MOVE INTO THE REGION

DURING THE WEEKEND. HOWEVER...SHORTWAVE ENERGY MOVING THROUGH THE

FLOW WILL HELP TO SET UP MID LEVEL TROF ACROSS THE NE WHICH WILL

SUPPRESS THE HEAT TO THE S EARLY NEXT WEEK...WITH SOMEWHAT COOLER

TEMPS MOVING INTO THE REGION...BUT STILL ABOVE NORMAL

July 2012 Forecast:

Despite the likely emergence of an El Niño event in July, the month will likely be uncharacteristically warm. In fact, when one considers the likely ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly of +1.0°C or above, the warmth that appears likely will be exceptional.

Key Assumptions:

• An El Niño event will develop in July

• The AO will likely be near neutral (with variability in negative and positive ranges)

• The PNA will likely be near neutral.

The top analog was 2002.

The charts on which my July idea is based are:

Top Left: Analogs for July 2012

Top Right: July 2002

Bottom Left: CFSv2 Forecast for July

Bottom Right: Observed decadal temperature trend

July2012.jpg

In addition, if one considers the exceptionally warm spring (March-May 2012 ranked 1st in the CONUS) and warm June nationwide (a top 30 or warmer June appears likely) with ENSO Region 3.4 temperatures in the +27.25°C to +28.25°C range for June, one comes up with the following cases: 1934, 1936, 1977, 1994, 2006, and 2010. That situation has favored widespread heat in July, particularly in the Central Plains.

July2012HotCases.png

Factoring in the continued abnormal warmth in the Arctic, the analog situation of a large area of cool anomalies across Canada appears very unlikely. As a result, the magnitude of warmth could be even greater than what the analog cases suggest.

Based on the prevalent conditions in the Arctic region, observed decadal trend, warm spring/warm June cases, analogs, and CFSv2, my thoughts are as follows:

- Most of North America will likely be warmer than normal.

- An area the Southern/Central Plains and then eastward through the Great Lakes into the Southeast/Mid-Atlantic/parts of the Northeastern U.S. could be much warmer than normal

- Most of Canada will likely be warmer than normal. The most impressive warmth could be located in northernmost Canada and also southern Ontario (including the Toronto Metro Area)

- Cool anomalies are likely to be confined to the immediate U.S. West Coast and the Pacific coast of Canada

Man Donny just roasts us in July

But is there much to keep it from shifting just a leeeeeettle bit NE?

I think it's going to go as we thought all along. Sure they'll be burst of warmth for a couple of days, but then it cools down closer to normal before maybe another push. So AN, but the persistent heat stays southwest.

I also see signs of a front setting up to out south after the 10th or 11th.

I think Dons ideas are the way to go for July. Everything had busted warm this week and trended upwards. Only Sat was supposed to be hot, now it's today thru At least Sunday that hits 90 at BDL. The cool downs that come with these fronts are still above normal . With Canada wasay above normal there's just no source for cool. Look for a pretty brutal month for us as Don and Roger are forecasting.

I think Dons ideas are the way to go for July. Everything had busted warm this week and trended upwards. Only Sat was supposed to be hot, now it's today thru At least Sunday that hits 90 at BDL. The cool downs that come with these fronts are still above normal . With Canada wasay above normal there's just no source for cool. Look for a pretty brutal month for us as Don and Roger are forecasting.

You didn't read his fine print when he said possibly parts of the northeast. Reading comprehension FTL. This area will be protected from the biggest heat.

And Saturday was not supposed to be the only hottest day. Friday-Sunday were the warmest and always have been. Look at the models for once.

Stuff this into your pipe. Biggest heat WILL NOT EFFECT SNE. I'm still waiting for your above normal June.

Indeed my TT.

BDR was a +1 yesterday, was + on sat and sun, - on mon and tues. So -two +5 in the week of doom and gloom. Looking ahead, I see this death ridge slowly building north and east, I think July ranges from +2-+4 in sne, highest west lower east. While we will not taste the hottest of the flame, it will still be plenty warm. Let the flame tickle your nape, dance around the circle of sizzle. 16 months in a row of above normal temps at BDR, July will be 17. Is this impressive yet?

You didn't read his fine print when he said possibly parts of the northeast. Reading comprehension FTL. This area will be protected from the biggest heat.

And Saturday was not supposed to be the only hottest day. Friday-Sunday were the warmest and always have been. Look at the models for once.

Stuff this into your pipe. Biggest heat WILL NOT EFFECT SNE. I'm still waiting for your above normal June.

Parts of the northeast DOES mean us you buffoon. You just choose to think it doesn't. When we're discussing BDL being a lOck for AN this month last week, the talk was that it would only happen if Sat torched. Now we have a 4-5 day torch and BDL may come in with a plus 1. Go with cooler forecasts if you choose, but they will not be correct. No one is saying the biggest heat is in SNE, just that it's hot and well above normal overall

Parts of the northeast DOES mean us you buffoon. You just choose to think it doesn't. When we're discussing BDL being a lOck for AN this month last week, the talk was that it would only happen in Sat torched. Now we have a 4-5 day torch and BDL may come in with a plus 1. Go with cooler forecasts if you choose, but they will not be correct. No one is saying the biggest heat is in SNE, just that it's hot and well above normal overall

What a mean streak in you.

And LOL at your interpretation. The northeast is usually considered Philly on northeast. When he means parts of the northeast he is referring to especially those areas. Why don't you PM him to confirm, chief.

Meteorology, not weenieorology.

For the life of me I dont understand why people are so against warmth, or saying its going to get warm. EVERYTHING points to above normal, to think otherwise is insanity. NOBODY is saying we see the hottest and thank god, thats too hot even for me. Half day, then to the beach kid free, have the best day you have ever had in your life. I am off to enjoy my above normal week.

God Bless!

What a mean streak in you.

And LOL at your interpretation. The northeast is usually considered Philly on northeast. When he means parts of the northeast he is referring to especially those areas. Why don't you PM him to confirm, chief.

Meteorology, not weenieorology.

Lol Philly is the mid Atlantic. NYC north is the northeast. Wow

Archived