CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Looking ahead to July 4th Wx..Ensembles warm to above normal

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July 4th won't be that much above at all and it was warm all along..the period that is. Looks like a win for the regular models.

If we do get 4 or 5 days above 90 in this upcoming stretch AOA 90 that would make it 7 or 8 days out of the last 14 to attain that threshold. I know cold monger guys like Mr. Ginx and MRG will dissent but to me that is a fairly impressive outcome for these parts

If we do get 4 or 5 days above 90 in this upcoming stretch AOA 90 that would make it 7 or 8 days out of the last 14 to attain that threshold. I know cold monger guys like Mr. Ginx and MRG will dissent but to me that is a fairly impressive outcome for these parts

Are you saying 8 out of the last 14 where above 90? I didn't quite follow you.

Sigh

What do you deserve credit for? It's not like everyone said much colder than normal. Your thread title is warm to above and that's how it seems to play out. My only fault was that this week will probably be a little warmer than I thought, but it's not like I thought -2 and we end up +2. We are talking maybe a degree difference or so.

BDL, BAF and CEF if we get 4 or more in the upcoming week ?

If we grab 4, yeah that's obviously a warm period no doubt. I don't think it changes July though. It looks warm to me, with the highest anomalies possible out your way. But I think July 2010 and July 2011 probably won't be walking through the door.

LOL cold monger.

I do get a kick out of perception. Living in the BDL BAF CEF area where heat is more prone to happen and stay sultry all night is much different than the non urban areas which radiate well, get sea breezes and have only a handful of days on average every summer which can be viewed as oppressive. Do I like cooler weather yes, but I am fully aware that summer gets hot. Scooby Do there is a reason all the Springfield folks invade SRI every summer, I am fully aware of your climo but your area is not representative of all of us. In fact this month I have had 18 days below normal and yes it was great.

I do get a kick out of perception. Living in the BDL BAF CEF area where heat is more prone to happen and stay sultry all night is much different than the non urban areas which radiate well, get sea breezes and have only a handful of days on average every summer which can be viewed as oppressive. Do I like cooler weather yes, but I am fully aware that summer gets hot. Scooby Do there is a reason all the Springfield folks invade SRI every summer, I am fully aware of your climo but your area is not representative of all of us. In fact this month I have had 18 days below normal and yes it was great.

Invasion ? Seems a bit of a stretch. OTOH my parents rented a cottage at Matunuck during the early 60's. Not a bad area.

Invasion ? Seems a bit of a stretch. OTOH my parents rented a cottage at Matunuck during the early 60's. Not a bad area.

Well when you lived in a town whose non summer pop is 10 k and it swells to as much as 100 k on a summer weekend and a majority are Mass residents, yea that was an invasion. Well appreciated by the local economy , me included, also loved your female representatives.

2 typhoons in the Pacific that are NOT recurring. Instead moving west. Someone tell JB and his typhoon followers it's gonna be hot with no troffiness in the northeast

Gonna have to check with Mr. Ginx on that. He's the man on recurving typhoons.

2 typhoons in the Pacific that are NOT recurring. Instead moving west. Someone tell JB and his typhoon followers it's gonna be hot with no troffiness in the northeast

One of the two is down by New Guinea - didn't think S.Hem storms are part of the recurve theory. The other one never grew enough to affect much. One brief moment as a strong TS then weak most of the rest of its life. Did run almost due west, though.

They really like a trough developing after next weekend. Also have a nice kink in the isobars noted to our south.

The 12z ECM also cooled down next week whereas earlier runs kept NYC around 20C 850s. The front that breaks this weekend's heat definitely looks a bit more pronounced with a stronger trough on Monday and Tuesday. NWS lowered my forecast from 90F every day to mostly 80s next week.

The 12z ECM also cooled down next week whereas earlier runs kept NYC around 20C 850s. The front that breaks this weekend's heat definitely looks a bit more pronounced with a stronger trough on Monday and Tuesday. NWS lowered my forecast from 90F every day to mostly 80s next week.

12z euro has very hot weather in NYC area late next week for 2-3 days before a gigantic trough comes in next weekend.

Archived