• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
SNE GTG, Maybe. That has Nothing to Do with the Conference

40/70 Benchmark

Agreed. At most, the date is a bit tone-deaf, but it's clearly not intended to be a slap in the face to Randy. It's not unreasonable for folks who can't take the time or afford to fork over the dough to travel to BWI for 3 days to nonetheless want to get together with the friends on the board. Given that many of the SNE folks have been die hard conference attendees and vocal cheerleaders, I see no reason to impute any ill motive to the timing of the GTG.

The Dude-always the voice of reason. :thumbsup: Thread should have been locked after your post. enough is enough.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree it wouldn't have hurt to apologize for coming across wrong, but I don't see why they need to change the date. It's not like anyone is going to skip the conference to hang out with some fellow posters for a couple of hours. They'd be better off dubbing it AMWX Conference II Remote GTG, and raising a toast to Randy during the event.

You should change your member title to supergenius. If Hugo gets genius, you get Steven hawking - the voice box.

It is what it is Paul. It's ok dude. Sorta irritated with certain people but I'll get over it. Nothing wrong with regional gtgs. Just odd timing, in lieu of. Etc.

Randy, I know that I registered, but some crap has gone down with regard to the SNE group dynamic that has turned me off of going....not to mention that I'm likely going to be starting a new job soon and don't want to be asking for time off right away.

We never have summer gtgs, so I figured why not this year since some aren't going.

The timing kinda sucks, but I can understand how expensive it can get. I just wish you guys picked the weekend before or after.

Why does it matter?

Are people going to bail on the conference to hang out with us in Providence?? :lol:

To tell you the truth, it kills me to not go, so I wanted to make sure that I was hanging with some of my sne peeps that weekend.

It will suck so much to see all of the conf threads and not be there.

I agree it wouldn't have hurt to apologize for coming across wrong, but I don't see why they need to change the date. It's not like anyone is going to skip the conference to hang out with some fellow posters for a couple of hours. They'd be better off dubbing it AMWX Conference II Remote GTG, and raising a toast to Randy during the event.

Exactly.

I've supported the conferences in the past as much as anyone.

Why does it matter?

Are people going to bail on the conference to hang out with us in Providence?? :lol:

To tell you the truth, it kills me to not go, so I wanted to make sure that I was hanging with some of my sne peeps that weekend.

It will suck so much to see all of the conf threads and not be there.

I have not made a conference yet, July is not good, kids on vacation etc, maybe if they do it in the fall I could join. I will be out of town most July so I cannot make the SNE gtg this time around. Have fun!

LOL at wiz turning this innocent SNE gtg thread into a whinefest. It has nothing to do with Randy or the board or anything Folks have other plans/issues/and responsibilities. Randy knows this. Those that want to go always find a way. What is sad is that very few from the BWI/DC ever go and it's alwaydsdown there. That part is saddening to me.

Anyway..does July 14th work for the Sne crew for the GTG? Let's nail this down quick. or do we do a Friday so Ryan can come?

The Mid-Atlantic was pretty close compared to other areas for the Providence conference. I think but am not sure but the VA had the most attendees of any state. I just remember being surprised after all the complaints about no New England conference the relatively low New England turnout, and that was a shame because it was a great conference.

It already does. "Competing event" ... :lol:

Yeah...competing event is a bit laughable, but to answer Ray...I just felt like out of respect to Randy and the conference itself that it looks bad having it on the same weekend. You guys have always supported the conference so I don't believe for one second that there was any ill will.

Yeah...competing event is a bit laughable, but to answer Ray...I just felt like out of respect to Randy and the conference itself that it looks bad having it on the same weekend. You guys have always supported the conference so I don't believe for one second that there was any ill will.

Not sure why it's a big deal to move the date out of respect to a guy who really works hard for these conferences - then ginx can go...bonus.

It's tacky and classless. How do people have so few social skills?

I guess it's a consequence of the facebook generation.

Do you ever take your nose out of Randy's azz to come up for air? The fact that SNE'ers that can't make the conference want to get together as a consolation prize should be applauded. We are showing our solidarity with our fellow members that can make the conference. We back AMwx daily with our participation as well as our financial contributions. Our gtgs do nothing but strengthen the board by making on-line acquaintances real world friends. The idea that this is a "competing event" is, as others (including an administrator) have pointed out, laughable. The fact that you and the other OT miscreants want to turn this into another regional skirmish speaks volumes. Why don't you scuttle back to your hole and think of a better, more effective troll ploy. The overwhelming negative response to your assertions, from disparate quarters, should be a clue to you that you are off the path and in the weeds. Personally, I hope you keep posting your ridiculous views because it is very entertaining to see you openly mocked. Thanks for the laughs.

Archived