Newest Member
    Toothache
SNE GTG, Maybe. That has Nothing to Do with the Conference

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear that every year...

Yes, but this is completely different. There wasn't supposed to be a conference this year but Randy bailed in and setup up and starting the entire process months after he normally does which means he had to bust his ass harder than ever to make sure there was one. He does this and the list right now is only 51 people? He was even able to get a discount so before May 15th the fee was only around $90.

Why is that? Losing their luster and folks not going?

Randy busted his ass to get one this year after he really didn't want to have one and b/c of that he didn't get the process started until much later than he normally does. He made the decision b/c of all the people who asked for one and said they would go. The numbers signed up right now are pretty terrible and I can't see Randy being all too happy with that, especially since he even worked hard to get discounts on the conference fee as well as room fee as well as some other perks.

Randy busted his ass to get one this year after he really didn't want to have one and b/c of that he didn't get the process started until much later than he normally does. He made the decision b/c of all the people who asked for one and said they would go. The numbers signed up right now are pretty terrible and I can't see Randy being all too happy with that, especially since he even worked hard to get discounts on the conference fee as well as room fee as well as some other perks.

Makes sense...I've never been but thought they were wildly popular. I just can never go anywhere during summer/fall and winter tourist season....and no one seems to want to hold anything in late April-Memorial Day or mid-Oct to mid-Nov when I have time off to travel.

I guess seeing as even SNE crew of 40/70, Coastal, Blizz, ORH, etc arent going it's probably similar for other regions without core members going. It's gotta be hard to go to BWI though every single summer, year after year.

It is what it is Paul. It's ok dude. Sorta irritated with certain people but I'll get over it. Nothing wrong with regional gtgs. Just odd timing, in lieu of. Etc.

Archived