Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
SNE GTG, Maybe. That has Nothing to Do with the Conference

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 365 other days this year to do it. Randy and others bend over backwards to put together a conference for all members of this board and some want to try to undercut it for absolutely no reason. It's totally classless.

It's not region vs. region, it's those who have basic manners vs. those who don't.

Oh dude chill out. What's the big deal? There's a huge difference between traveling an hour to Providence for some beers and flying to Baltimore and getting a hotel for 2 or 3 nights. This isn't undercutting anything. No one will choose to not go to BWI because of this... This is just a way for people who couldn't or just plain don't want to go to get together.

Oh dude chill out. What's the big deal? There's a huge difference between traveling an hour to Providence for some beers and flying to Baltimore and getting a hotel for 2 or 3 nights. This isn't undercutting anything. No one will choose to not go to BWI because of this... This is just a way for people who couldn't or just plain don't want to go to get together.

It's tacky and classless. How do people have so few social skills?

I guess it's a consequence of the facebook generation.

How many conferences have you attended? Going this year?

Nope, but I have a huge amount of respect for what Randy and company do, so it pisses me off to see people undermine it by having a competing event and just generally being disrespectful.

Nope, but I have a huge amount of respect for what Randy and company do, so it pisses me off to see people undermine it by having a competing event and just generally being disrespectful.

Really?, I don't see the disrespect card being played here except you bringing it up, Just because folks are not attending a conference and have other plans that is disrespectful?

Who is having a COMPETING event?

As I and many others have said... big difference between going to BWI for 3-4 days, and meeting up for beers for a couple hours.

Again, you are saying that no one should be allowed to do anything during the time of the conference without it being very rude?

Who is having a COMPETING event?

As I and many others have said... big difference between going to BWI for 3-4 days, and meeting up for beers for a couple hours.

Again, you are saying that no one should be allowed to do anything during the time of the conference without it being very rude?

Agreed. At most, the date is a bit tone-deaf, but it's clearly not intended to be a slap in the face to Randy. It's not unreasonable for folks who can't take the time or afford to fork over the dough to travel to BWI for 3 days to nonetheless want to get together with the friends on the board. Given that many of the SNE folks have been die hard conference attendees and vocal cheerleaders, I see no reason to impute any ill motive to the timing of the GTG.

Agreed. At most, the date is a bit tone-deaf, but it's clearly not intended to be a slap in the face to Randy. It's not unreasonable for folks who can't take the time or afford to fork over the dough to travel to BWI for 3 days to nonetheless want to get together with the friends on the board. Given that many of the SNE folks have been die hard conference attendees and vocal cheerleaders, I see no reason to impute any ill motive to the timing of the GTG.

At first, it was tone deaf. Once Randy and others expressed their concern, they should have been shown the respect they deserve and the response should have been "Sorry, didn't think about that, we'll do it the next weekend."

Once heels were dug in, it became totally classless and is nothing more than grandstanding by the usual suspects.

It's tacky and classless. How do people have so few social skills?

I guess it's a consequence of the facebook generation.

Social skills? Seriously? Folks can't go to Baltimore for 3 days, they should stay home - are they allowed to talk about weather while they are home? Social skills? Like trying to look objectively at a situation before you get all torqued off?

At first, it was tone deaf. Once Randy and others expressed their concern, they should have been shown the respect they deserve and the response should have been "Sorry, didn't think about that, we'll do it the next weekend."

Once heels were dug in, it became totally classless and is nothing more than grandstanding by the usual suspects.

I thought you were a genius?

There's already enough tension between the regions, there's no reason to create more.

Randy even said he's irritated. Grow up.

You're new here. I've been to several conferences but I have little time. Whether we have the GTG that weekend or a month later doesn't effect the conference one iota. And Randy is a friend and we go back 10+ years to the earlier forums and IRC. Who should grow up?

What day are you arriving at the conf? Thursday or Friday?

I agree it wouldn't have hurt to apologize for coming across wrong, but I don't see why they need to change the date. It's not like anyone is going to skip the conference to hang out with some fellow posters for a couple of hours. They'd be better off dubbing it AMWX Conference II Remote GTG, and raising a toast to Randy during the event.

Archived