joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
CFS Long Range (as in Winter)

mitchnick

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit surprised at the nino flatlining. I think we all pretty much had a 1 - 1.5 in mind for months but that might be off the table. I think it was zwyts that said neutral after multi year nina is one of the worst enso combos?

I found a November signal with the state of the AO that looks pretty interesting. Gotta finish crunching before I post it. It's quite interesting actually. It may correlate better statistically than the Dec signal but I still have a good bit of work to do so I might be out to lunch.

Another update from Rob Guarino, i think he might be joining Foot's forecast.

http://www.liveweath...1122&Itemid=179

Doesn't look that updated to me. It says updated at the top, but it looks like everything below that is just copy/pasted. All the old graphics remain, including the ENSO stuff that ended in August.

Still lots of extra, unnecessary pictures clogging up the post as well.

Doesn't look that updated to me. It says updated at the top, but it looks like everything below that is just copy/pasted. All the old graphics remain, including the ENSO stuff that ended in August.

It's a horrific layout, and it's making my work computer go bonkers. The flash or whatever he has going on in it is ridiculous.

I'm a bit surprised at the nino flatlining. I think we all pretty much had a 1 - 1.5 in mind for months but that might be off the table. I think it was zwyts that said neutral after multi year nina is one of the worst enso combos?

I found a November signal with the state of the AO that looks pretty interesting. Gotta finish crunching before I post it. It's quite interesting actually. It may correlate better statistically than the Dec signal but I still have a good bit of work to do so I might be out to lunch.

Well I didn't. I said on Accuweather boards in August that anyone expecting an 02/03 repeat was a wishcaster. This was always gonna be weak at best, maybe even neutral.

Having said that, I'm not sure how the actual winter plays out though. I'm leaning towards warmer than average and mostly snowless for BWI but I'm not sure yet.

It looks like he just changed a few things so he can say he updated, and this way he can take in more ad money with more page views.

When you want some confirmation of the Brazilian Op...you gotta go with the Brazilian Ensembles:

Brazilian ensembles seeing cold and even snow..all the way to NYC in month of November.Dont know about snow in NYC, but the cold is coming

Interestingly enough, the Brazilian is well supported by the Uruguyan Op, Angolan ensembles and Kazakh beta-test Op.

Archived