• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
SNE BANTER BANTER BANTER BANTER

Mr Torchey

Let's try one thing and this speaks to Ryan, Scooter and Phil concerns as well as other members. Let's not demean each others weather forecasts and obs. Let's not demean non pros and constantly refer to them as weenies. I think a little respect on all sides is in order. I think that use of the term weenie has now become a really derogatory remark. Respect goes both ways, if you want consistent intelligent discussion, respectfully point out why you disagree.

But who really laughs at or dismisses you or other red taggers? It's one thing if I mock the Blizz for a "Biblical Torch of Historic Proportions" forecast, those forecasts are made for that. It's quite another if I seriously mock a forecast of a professional such as yourself. Maybe I missed some interplay between the regulars here but I just don't remember that happening in a significant way. Your opinions, along with Scott, Will, TT, etc. carry a great sway with the vast majority of posters here. That's why when it's crunch time, a major winter storm is bearing down, we all ask you "what do you think for MBY". When the weather gets interesting again things will tighten up in the dedicated threads and people can kick back in the banter threads to talk and get to know each other. This board will have longevity if it gets members and retains them. Our banter threads have been the catylst for gtgs, these in turn aid in forming a strong and dedicated membership. The idea of squelching this banter seems misguided at best. Once we're out of these doldrums and there's a snap in the air we'll find our equilibrium. I blame all of this on Summer.

Great post Pete. I bumped my earlier comments too. Just watch the TStorm thread tomorrow, best Subforum on the board for real time info. They can say all they want but I use our Subforum for professional and personal decision making every day.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She never posted much at any time since she's been a member and that goes back years to Eastern.

I stated last night as well that we all know how to buckle down when there is serious weather going on. Nobody wants straight up stuff...if anyone does they are in the minority. Sure we could blame it on the lack of interesting weather but the level of quality posts have been even more substantial than ever.

Yep Kev. And Paul the ratio of quality posts increase with the quality of weather, again check out those two threads.

Yet come winter the first place most will look is right here. Hope Bob is happy.

Rest assured..when the smoke clears from all this..Bob is going to get what he wants..some sort of CT Blizz rule..things that will be tolerated and things that won't and if those rules are broken..bannings will happen. You can already envision it.

During the most massive derecho in your areas history the lack of detailed Met info was lacking, same as your tornado outbreak. Think that would be the case up here? No way, you guys can point fingers and make it seem like a bunch of innocence in the MA. I read your threads, never once besides Petes Feb post has anyone from SNE questioned your areas motives, posts or trolled or brought the fact that group attacks are condoned, just saying.

True the MA doesnt have the number of Mets like SNE does and that post a lot of the time. The MA has its own and we do just fine with it. A lot of the members dont stay on the board for long periods of time either so the threads dont reach 1000 posts or have multiple threads for one event like SNE does.

There was plenty of info during the derecho, maybe not to your liking like in SNE but the region managed just fine. Why you bring that up is beyond me, all it does it stir the pot some more which I thought this is something everyone wanted to get away from?

I read through some of the regular wx threads in this and other subforums today. Other than this subforum having more posts, it was not really different.

Some of the temp talk gets stupid, but most of those involved are either kidding around or know thwir boundries.

Can we all just make a pact to do our best regarding offensive and or demeanimg posts?

Back to my 24 hoir self banter banishment. This time I promise...

I hope folks don't think we (red tags) are God either. Just because we say something, doesn't have to mean it is correct. I would rather have someone question or ask me why I thought this or that, then remain quiet. I'm not saying ask me why the sky is blue, but ask about the science behind it....get into it. Most of us would be happy to answer.

you don't get irritated when someone asks what the nam soundings show? let the lay people pollute accuwx. I prefer technical posts over the opinions and questions of the seething masses. To hell with them.

It's really unfair to pin all of this on Bob. I don't think this is a "what Bob wants" type of deal...it's more of what's best for the board based on how the mods/admins are perceiving information they are receiving. Mods were added in every region to help boost and assist the goals of the board.

you don't get irritated when someone asks what the nam soundings show? let the lay people pollute accuwx. I prefer technical posts over the opinions and questions of the seething masses. To hell with them.

I haven't really seen many of those posts in this forum. Maybe it gets old after a while, but people like HubbDave will ask good questions.

I took your spot this year :o

Jamie is one of the funniest guys I have met in my life. Anyone who builds 25 foot high snow hills in front of his house is OK in my book. A lot of folks here do not know a lot of you guys and that is because of subforums. I try to bring back my stories of you guys at our GTGs to try to ease the sometimes tension. My respect for you and others went up tenfold when ya'll ( like that Ian?) chased the epic lake effect storm. I knew that day you guys were ultra cool and the sort of folks I would hang with at anytime.

It's really unfair to pin all of this on Bob. I don't think this is a "what Bob wants" type of deal...it's more of what's best for the board based on how the mods/admins are perceiving information they are receiving. Mods were added in every region to help boost and assist the goals of the board.

When he and now today someone else..directly name you and cite YOU as the main problem..you're damn right we are going to pin it on him

Great post Pete. I bumped my earlier comments too. Just watch the TStorm thread tomorrow, best Subforum on the board for real time info. They can say all they want but I use our Subforum for professional and personal decision making every day.

I know something about business. Some questionable moves. The SNE sub-forum is second to none. When there is action on the horizon this is the place to be. Chock full of juicy data to be mined for pro and hobbyist alike. This is truly a tempest in a teapot.

Scooter is a real pro and a great educator. Some folks never forget their roots and youth, others......

Scooter is a real pro and a great educator. Some folks never forget their roots and youth, others......

Me?

I'm all for working to help make this place better, the trolling (even playful) and the nasty gotcha verification posts need to stop though for any of this to work.

When he and now today someone else..directly name you and cite YOU as the main problem..you're damn right we are going to pin it on him

Nobody is saying that you personally are the problem, they were saying the style of posting you chose to use the past several months has become a bit of an issue. You know quite well nobody hates you...we all love you and you certainly are one of the more entertaining posters we have in this forum and on this board. You also have a great deal of meteorological knowledge and you should use this more often. You even said yourself the "AWT" type stuff has grown itself out. Just use your knowledge of weather more often and such and every once in a while mix in your innuendo edits...nobody does them better than you.

Nobody is saying that you personally are the problem, they were saying the style of posting you chose to use the past several months has become a bit of an issue. You know quite well nobody hates you...we all love you and you certainly are one of the more entertaining posters we have in this forum and on this board. You also have a great deal of meteorological knowledge and you should use this more often. You even said yourself the "AWT" type stuff has grown itself out. Just use your knowledge of weather more often and such and every once in a while mix in your innuendo edits...nobody does them better than you.

Bob and Scooter both did.. Bob used my name.. Scooter just did it without using my name.. Both were f'd up ..but it's fine.

If folks want me gone..then I'm down with that. I'm also down with OPP.

Well, your lack of patience compared to someone elses willingness to help.. helping cannot be condemned only applauded. "The seething Masses" you speak of have taught me half of my local SNE knowledge. My activity on this board literally revolves around the friendliness of the people in this subforum and the interaction between each other. If you are simply an antisocial dickwad to people that is your choice and not the choice of others.

Basically what it takes now is for people to take their head out of their rectum and move on, but everyday theres new pages here. It's almost infuriating because the same things are being said over and over and over....

Stop your asskissing paulina

I know something about business. Some questionable moves. The SNE sub-forum is second to none. When there is action on the horizon this is the place to be. Chock full of juicy data to be mined for pro and hobbyist alike. This is truly a tempest in a teapot.

I know a thing or two about running a business as well. Heck, I've had a few more life experiences than you will ever know at 2K. The only questionable moves are what a few have chosen to believe this is some sort of vendetta against the SNE sub. It most certainly is not. We are not called American Weather for nothing. When you and I are long gone, the community as a whole will still be here and thieving. The entire sub forums are 'chocked full of juicy data'. Of course you wouldn't know that because your sole purpose has been to cause strife and constantly stir the pot in an open weather forum over that past 8 months.

Archived