northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
SNE BANTER BANTER BANTER BANTER

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree but just look at the convective and Winter threads, what is wrong with them? Nice discussion in here with the locals. I think things will change for the better as we police ourselves better than others do.

There are mets hesitant to post thoughts bc they don't want to deal with crap afterwards. When I'm posting on here it's almost a stream of consciousness. It's not necessarily a forecast that I'd go on tv with... It's throwing out thoughts. The WX threads have left a lot to be desired.

Glad Ryan Phil and Scooter finally told Kev how they really feel. They have been skirting telling him outright for weeks. I could careless but they obviously have issues with it.

I honestly think this place is better off without me. If I could leave or stay away i would.. But I can't. So i won't.

So CT Blizz rules will have to be the be all end all

There are mets hesitant to post thoughts bc they don't want to deal with crap afterwards. When I'm posting on here it's almost a stream of consciousness. It's not necessarily a forecast that I'd go on tv with... It's throwing out thoughts. The WX threads have left a lot to be desired.

See my earlier comments about when there was weather going on. Tomorrow could be awesome, hope to see tons of posts from you.

I honestly think this place is better off without me. If I could leave or stay away i would.. But I can't. So i won't.

See, then you go pull this woe is me act. Nobody is cutting off your sack..even if it was surgically put on several years ago.

This is great, too much fun. Some idiot will post in OT how we are eating each other alive. If they only knew.

You're a jerk of the highest degree. Whether you are joking or not, and from experience, your are not, this is the exact opposite attitudue of what a community is about and I seriously doubt any of the mets in this forum are upset because someone asks them a legit question or wants to learn. Fact is, you would rather tell someone to eff off over teaching them, and that is fine, but don't think for a second that is a good way for this place to thrive and/or grow. On top of which, you get a great amount of pleaure in trash talking people on another board which does nothing but incite regional and inter-regional conflicts.

Here is a suggestion: Go find a weather board where only the most knowledgeable red taggers post so you don't have to be with the lay people and answer their questions, except you won't last long because they will most assuredly know more than you and will treat YOU like the seething masses. Then, and only then, will you get it. Or maybe not.

Play nice...

And forky...there is the ignore button

Granted I'm not in here every day like some of you but I think in some ways it goes hand in hand. OT has always been the place to "cut loose" and "let off steam" etc. When you start mixing that element heavily into the wx side it just all becomes one.

Yeah but none of the OT posts or semi OT posts (in their own threads) have driven mets away here or caused mets that post to think twice. It's the over the top agenda-driven/negative weather posts. When I say it looks like dew points will mix out I see 5 responses from weenies saying no they won't within 5! Minutes with various out of context copy and pastes or some with no reasoning at all. The next day it's a few posts with a mesonet site or isolated METAR with an isolated high dew. That's the stuff that's not fun and makes posting less enjoyable.

I like how having more mets and knowledgeable hobbyists during the winter is a defense for how people act now. That literally makes no sense. I dont think you can find a single post ever where anyone claimed differently.

I like the sne forum, but i dont get that defense either.....like saying we dont build 50,000 dollar houses up to code....but 75k we tighten up....not trying to pick a fight...but the rules need to be the same through out, no matter the weather. The we do it right in the winter, is a unacceptable solution ....

Yeah but none of the OT posts or semi OT posts (in their own threads) have driven mets away here or caused mets that post to think twice. It's the over the top agenda-driven/negative weather posts. When I say it looks like dew points will mix out I see 5 responses from weenies saying no they won't within 5! Minutes with various out of context copy and pastes or some with no reasoning at all. The next day it's a few posts with a mesonet site or isolated METAR with an isolated high dew. That's the stuff that's not fun and makes posting less enjoyable.

Yep.

Your posts leading up to Rocktober were some of the best things I ever read online. Same with last June 1 and Irene.

During events, the cream rises to the top and the weenies (mostly) sink to the bottom.

Well this Dr Phil thread started with the regional stuff. Agree it should relax, but lets not get worked up because someone gets lets snow than someone else.

I actually think subforums have taken away a lot of the I get more than you. I don't see that as a major problem. I really can't think of the last time somone went around and started something like that.

This whole SkiMRg thing was centered around the vim toot fisco IIRC, not snowfall totals, and it snowballed (pun intended) from there.

I miss the original community. We all had our particular niche. I was snow cover in autumn as it ramped up and the FOUS report for weenies far and wide. I crunched data and had meaningful contributions that brought some hobbyist knowledge. Now lifes other priorities have competed for my time. And the self imposed moratorium on desktops and laptops outside of the workplace. But even if nothing had changed, I think I would still be posting less seriously. The community is huge. Some of the newer folks don't observe the lurk and learn and just start asking how much for Philly. It's probably in part generational but so be it. Life's complicated and interesting enough either way. I kind of figured it out when someone used the exact thread title I use "and we begn". When I said something, no one knew what I was talking abut. Every dog has his day. I've had mine and will await other opportunities.

This is great, too much fun. Some idiot will post in OT how we are eating each other alive. If they only knew.

I do believe this type of feeling (on multiple sides) has grown stronger since the subforums came to pass. And that's part of my reason for not liking the idea of banter threads that run forever. They were originally "formulated" as a way to keep less scientific storm talk out of storm threads. I see this one was still heavily that, but it also goes further OT and then there are other OT threads. I can't necessarily do anything to change the fact that maybe you guys want to be insular, but I don't think it's the greatest thing for the overall health of the board for these splits to continue to deepen. It seems another 40S type venture might ultimately come from it, particularly if there is ever a "federal" (Randy terminology) decision to make changes to the governance of the "state" boards. One thing that should be at least be clear is that it's not only ETaunton who has any issue with things. We're going to take all the advice we can from all the mods who want to give it from this area plus that of the members. There might not even be any major noticeable changes. We should figure out how to be more of a family again. :wub:

I do believe this type of feeling (on multiple sides) has grown stronger since the subforums came to pass. And that's part of my reason for not liking the idea of banter threads that run forever. They were originally "formulated" as a way to keep less scientific storm talk out of storm threads. I see this one was still heavily that, but it also goes further OT and then there are other OT threads. I can't necessarily do anything to change the fact that maybe you guys want to be insular, but I don't think it's the greatest thing for the overall health of the board for these splits to continue to deepen. It seems another 40S type venture might ultimately come from it, particularly if there is ever a "federal" (Randy terminology) decision to make changes to the governance of the "state" boards. One thing that should be at least be clear is that it's not only ETaunton who has any issue with things. We're going to take all the advice we can from all the mods who want to give it from this area plus that of the members. There might not even be any major noticeable changes. We should figure out how to be more of a family again. :wub:

I think it just comes down to letting go of the past. We fight with people we don't even know, what's the point? If we met at a bar, Wed probably all get along with no problem. Were all here because we share common hobbies, so maybe everyone who's had an e spat should just sack up pm the person and start over. That's what I'm trying to do,we need to stop making ourselves look like douchebags. Reading old posts, it was never really funny.

I miss the original community. We all had our particular niche. I was snow cover in autumn as it ramped up and the FOUS report for weenies far and wide. I crunched data and had meaningful contributions that brought some hobbyist knowledge. Now lifes other priorities have competed for my time. And the self imposed moratorium on desktops and laptops outside of the workplace. But even if nothing had changed, I think I would still be posting less seriously. The community is huge. Some of the newer folks don't observe the lurk and learn and just start asking how much for Philly. It's probably in part generational but so be it. Life's complicated and interesting enough either way. I kind of figured it out when someone used the exact thread title I use "and we begn". When I said something, no one knew what I was talking abut. Every dog has his day. I've had mine and will await other opportunities.

Your day is still in early afternoon...please don't stop.

Archived