• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
SNE BANTER BANTER BANTER BANTER

Mr Torchey

When you actually forecast for a living it's probably annoying to have to deal with some of the crap people who forecast for 12 people in a thread throw your way.

Yep

so would we...

Agreed

based on the last page you're a terrible poster

I picked up real quick on that

You know what..back in the old days..we didn't hang out in person. Most of us had never met each other..so it was an interaction virtually and no real comradery was established. Over the years as we've all met and hung out, drank beers, tossed weenies to one another and friendships have grown..we have carried our fun ways onto the board, and many of us say things/do things now becasue we know each other so well, Before we knew each other personally it would have been awkward to challenge someone or something...

Therein is the reason folks

therein we have an OT section.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep

Agreed

I picked up real quick on that

therein we have an OT section.

Missed our truck tours of Balt very much!

Total setup on this one, worked to perfection. It is what it is but I was actually more troubled by a mod deliberately giving bad info on our hall of fame Wes's presentation. The rest is just made up drama and fook OT.

Total setup on this one, worked to perfection. It is what it is but I was actually more troubled by a mod deliberately giving bad info on our hall of fame Wes's presentation. The rest is just made up drama and fook OT.

This subforum has a lot that makes it great like quality discussion during storms etc. But there seems to be a willful ignorance to the fact that there are issues here not seen in other subforums nearly as frequently.

I'll agree again that this current debacle started in a way it should not have. However, given the arguments from many in here it seems y'all should understand the "personal friendliness" of the moment.

I fear this will just end up another circular discussion with no resolution. I hope not.. I think the future of the board is at stake if we just sweep it under the rug.

You know what..back in the old days..we didn't hang out in person. Most of us had never met each other..so it was an interaction virtually and no real comradery was established. Over the years as we've all met and hung out, drank beers, tossed weenies to one another and friendships have grown..we have carried our fun ways onto the board, and many of us say things/do things now becasue we know each other so well, Before we knew each other personally it would have been awkward to challenge someone or something...

Therein is the reason folks

I completely agree with your post here. The friendships have been great and all the interactions outside the board but it's time we draw the line between how we interact in person and how we interact online.

For example, when working with coworkers and such you have to act in a professional manner, but when outside of work hanging out you have drinks, go out, talk about all kinds of stuff you wouldn't do at work, etc.

Since our subforum has not been as strict and such I think this has allowed us to go overboard and we all grew too comfortable. Now that change is trying to take place some are having trouble with it b/c they aren't comfortable with it.

The key is we just have to separate real life interaction from board interaction and we'll all be fine. The joking doesn't have to completely end but we do have to become more reasonable.

I completely agree with your post here. The friendships have been great and all the interactions outside the board but it's time we draw the line between how we interact in person and how we interact online.

For example, when working with coworkers and such you have to act in a professional manner, but when outside of work hanging out you have drinks, go out, talk about all kinds of stuff you wouldn't do at work, etc.

Since our subforum has not been as strict and such I think this has allowed us to go overboard and we all grew too comfortable. Now that change is trying to take place some are having trouble with it b/c they aren't comfortable with it.

The key is we just have to separate real life interaction from board interaction and we'll all be fine. The joking doesn't have to completely end but we do have to become more reasonable.

Sage advise from such a young man, Paul. It would do well for others to take notice.

Perfectly stated, Paul...PERFECTLY!!!

--Turtle

Why does sne need their own OT while none of the other subforums do?

Some act like it's all outside heat but I'm not sure I see it that way. The MA forum is far from perfect but other than the random attacks against "stupid" noobs or trolls, it's pretty businesslike (to use wiz's idea) and there are almost never any issues. Plenty of us are also friends day to day but we don't talk about eachother's weenies etc in the weather forum, not to mention we try to generally respect mets if not always totally deferring to them. Now, some will say it's not disrespect etc.. but does everyone understand or believe that? I dunno exactly how all the other forums go... but of the three I frequent (MA, central and this one) there is no question this one has a completely different atmosphere in most cases. I've yet to see it anywhere else though I do admit maybe I've missed it.

This subforum has a lot that makes it great like quality discussion during storms etc. But there seems to be a willful ignorance to the fact that there are issues here not seen in other subforums nearly as frequently.

I'll agree again that this current debacle started in a way it should not have. However, given the arguments from many in here it seems y'all should understand the "personal friendliness" of the moment.

I fear this will just end up another circular discussion with no resolution. I hope not.. I think the future of the board is at stake if we just sweep it under the rug.

We need some weather Ian. The board will be fine. Ya'll?, you definetely need to move to Denver.

Thank you for saying that, Paul...I agree with you 100%

Some act like it's all outside heat but I'm not sure I see it that way. The MA forum is far from perfect but other than the random attacks against "stupid" noobs or trolls, it's pretty businesslike (to use wiz's idea) and there are almost never any issues. Plenty of us are also friends day to day but we don't talk about eachother's weenies etc in the weather forum, not to mention we try to generally respect mets if not always totally deferring to them. Now, some will say it's not disrespect etc.. but does everyone understand or believe that? I dunno exactly how all the other forums go... but of the three I frequent (MA, central and this one) there is no question this one has a completely different atmosphere in most cases. I've yet to see it anywhere else though I do admit maybe I've missed it.

During the most massive derecho in your areas history the lack of detailed Met info was lacking, same as your tornado outbreak. Think that would be the case up here? No way, you guys can point fingers and make it seem like a bunch of innocence in the MA. I read your threads, never once besides Petes Feb post has anyone from SNE questioned your areas motives, posts or trolled or brought the fact that group attacks are condoned, just saying.

During the most massive derecho in your areas history the lack of detailed Met info was lacking, same as your tornado outbreak. Think that would be the case up here? No way, you guys can point fingers and make it seem like a bunch of innocence in the MA. I read your threads, never once besides Petes Feb post has anyone from SNE questioned your areas motives, posts or trolled or brought the fact that group attacks are condoned, just saying.

I don't think the MA has ever had a major contingent of mets comparatively. Not sure why...

We need some weather Ian. The board will be fine. Ya'll?, you definetely need to move to Denver.

Maybe.. tho I think over time that's been the easy excuse to not deal with something. I lived in TX for a while.. I do actually say it now and then.

I think you hold your own pretty well there. You seem to have a knack on whether an event will be good or not. At least Ellinwood is a knowledgeable severe guy.

I can outforecast most local red taggers in most areas except long range. ;)

Aren't forky and hm MA? Oops...broke my 24 hour vow...

No, they're NYC area.

We get a number of mets randomly dropping in here and there.. but we have never had as many as SNE and they have not really "left" other than some of our better known also have other online gigs.

In a sense Paul this is true but go read the convection, winter threads. Like PF said earlier we know when to hold um know when to fold um. Besides thank god this is less like work and more like play. If folks want straight up stuff we have a main discussion board nobody posts in anymore. Change what? How about making the main board a real place for detailed serious discussion, how about that? Eleanor says she doesn't post as much, funny never see her post on the main board either. I am a minority but isn't the main board the place where there should be tremendous Met input?

In a sense Paul this is true but go read the convection, winter threads. Like PF said earlier we know when to hold um know when to fold um. Besides thank god this is less like work and more like play. If folks want straight up stuff we have a main discussion board nobody posts in anymore. Change what? How about making the main board a real place for detailed serious discussion, how about that? Eleanor says she doesn't post as much, funny never see her post on the main board either. I am a minority but isn't,t the main board the place where there should be tremendous Met input?

I hope folks don't think we (red tags) are God either. Just because we say something, doesn't have to mean it is correct. I would rather have someone question or ask me why I thought this or that, then remain quiet. I'm not saying ask me why the sky is blue, but ask about the science behind it....get into it. Most of us would be happy to answer.

I hope folks don't think we (red tags) are God either. Just because we say something, doesn't have to mean it is correct. I would rather have someone question or ask me why I thought this or that, then remain quiet. I'm not saying ask me why the sky is blue, but ask about the science behind it....get into it. Most of us would be happy to answer.

Boy or girl?

In a sense Paul this is true but go read the convection, winter threads. Like PF said earlier we know when to hold um know when to fold um. Besides thank god this is less like work and more like play. If folks want straight up stuff we have a main discussion board nobody posts in anymore. Change what? How about making the main board a real place for detailed serious discussion, how about that? Eleanor says she doesn't post as much, funny never see her post on the main board either. I am a minority but isn't the main board the place where there should be tremendous Met input?

She never posted much at any time since she's been a member and that goes back years to Eastern.

I stated last night as well that we all know how to buckle down when there is serious weather going on. Nobody wants straight up stuff...if anyone does they are in the minority. Sure we could blame it on the lack of interesting weather but the level of quality posts have been even more substantial than ever.

Archived