northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
SNE BANTER BANTER BANTER BANTER

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know something about business. Some questionable moves. The SNE sub-forum is second to none. When there is action on the horizon this is the place to be. Chock full of juicy data to be mined for pro and hobbyist alike. This is truly a tempest in a teapot.

Being in a customer orientated business whose day to day operation is highly weather dependant this Subforum is a gold mine. I highly value all of our posters input, wether its Ryan's great local input or a guy like Metagraphica posting photos right out of Nat Geo or on time reports from folks to my west. If anyone has doubts how great it is, look back to Jan 11 when at 2 in the morning we had over 200 posters online with a post a minute pouring in, or Irene last year or how about Rocktober? I knew before I got home my house was getting little while 10 miles west was getting blasted. Did I get that from NWS, hell no.

I haven't really seen many of those posts in this forum. Maybe it gets old after a while, but people like HubbDave will ask good questions.

To the contrary, you seem to be very willing to field any and all meteorlogical questions. You have greatly aided me in my understanding of meteorology. It is the very elitist attitude that Forky espouses that will ultimately be the ruination of the board if allowed to take root. This should be a big tent where anyone with even a glimmer of interest in meteorology should feel welcome. It's the holier than thou, dismissive attitude as displayed by Forky that stifles learning. I would argue that the SNE is the most welcoming of all the sub-forums and the most successful because of it. Fortunately none of our pros conduct themselves in an arrogant manner.

I know a thing or two about running a business as well. Heck, I've had a few more life experiences than you will ever know at 2K. The only questionable moves are what a few have chosen to believe this is some sort of vendetta against the SNE sub. It most certainly is not. We are not called American Weather for nothing. When you and I are long gone, the community as a whole will still be here and thieving. The entire sub forums are 'chocked full of juicy data'. Of course you wouldn't know that because your sole purpose has been to cause strife and constantly stir the pot in an open weather forum over that past 8 months.

Ok so it's a skimarge vendetta, lol. Seriously you guys need to promote the main page more and stop using Pete as a whipping boy.

Bob and Scooter both did.. Bob used my name.. Scooter just did it without using my name.. Both were f'd up ..but it's fine.

If folks want me gone..then I'm down with that. I'm also down with OPP.

www.weeniesinyourfanniesforums.com ?

I know a thing or two about running a business as well. Heck, I've had a few more life experiences than you will ever know at 2K. The only questionable moves are what a few have chosen to believe this is some sort of vendetta against the SNE sub. It most certainly is not. We are not called American Weather for nothing. When you and I are long gone, the community as a whole will still be here and thieving. The entire sub forums are 'chocked full of juicy data'. Of course you wouldn't know that because your sole purpose has been to cause strife and constantly stir the pot in an open weather forum over that past 8 months.

Randy looks a bit shady.

But seriously.. these forums have a shelf life. We'll be lucky to make it through the end of the year. :P

Me?

I'm all for working to help make this place better, the trolling (even playful) and the nasty gotcha verification posts need to stop though for any of this to work.

Hell no, you are awesome. I responded to Forkys hell with them comment. Agree with what you said, goes both ways.

Bob and Scooter both did.. Bob used my name.. Scooter just did it without using my name.. Both were f'd up ..but it's fine.

If folks want me gone..then I'm down with that. I'm also down with OPP.

Dude, you know you pull random crap to boast your exaggeration. That's how you role and I laugh too..but it gets a little much. You never did that before.

Dude, you know you pull random crap to boast your exaggeration. That's how you role and I laugh too..but it gets a little much. You never did that before.

Don't worry,,Bob's CT Blizz rules will soon take care of all that. We'll all be forced to wear uniforms when we post. It'll be like Catholic school on here. Anyone that isn't dressed properly will be removed

Don't worry,,Bob's CT Blizz rules will soon take care of all that. We'll all be forced to wear uniforms when we post. It'll be like Catholic school on here. Anyone that isn't dressed properly will be removed

Make sure you shave your legs to look nice in the skirt.

He's trying to help. We have a unique challenge IMO in that somewhat OT posts in separate threads aren't the problem it's the degradation in quality of the posts in our WX threads. We can all work better (yes Kevin, this includes you) at doing a better job.

So you mean to tell me you don't do it to get a rise? FWIW, it doesn't bother me as much as it may for others...but sometimes it's just blatant, flat out wrong stuff that I think you post just to post. That's when it gets annoying. Everyone likes your posting style. It makes me laugh and I'm sure others.

So you mean to tell me you don't do it to get a rise? FWIW, it doesn't bother me as much as it may for others...but sometimes it's just blatant, flat out wrong stuff that I think you post just to post. That's when it gets annoying. Everyone likes your posting style. It makes me laugh and I'm sure others.

Agreed. Lately it's been getting to be a bit much.

He's trying to help. We have a unique challenge IMO in that somewhat OT posts in separate threads aren't the problem it's the degradation in quality of the posts in our WX threads. We can all work better (yes Kevin, this includes you) at doing a better job.

I'm all for making this a better place..just don't cut off my weenie and allow me to be who I am

Name one thing about this post that's not the bold.

Even if you're right, what does it help to say it?

If I was moderator and I thought a member's "sole purpose has been to cause strife and constantly stir the pot" and I couldn't ban him, I'd resign as mod.

Agree but just look at the convective and Winter threads, what is wrong with them? Nice discussion in here with the locals. I think things will change for the better as we police ourselves better than others do.

You have absolutely no clue about my life's experiences. What business do you own? how many employees? how long have you been in business? Hopefully the bolded is just a typo and not some Freudian slip. My sole purpose here has been to talk about NE weather, meet like like minded people and generally learn more about something that has always fascinated me. Your view of me is very 2 dimensional. I now have many friends, made here, that I speak with and get together with often. I have participated here more completely than the vast majority of members. So, in short, you know very little about which you speak.

Granted I'm not in here every day like some of you but I think in some ways it goes hand in hand. OT has always been the place to "cut loose" and "let off steam" etc. When you start mixing that element heavily into the wx side it just all becomes one.

you don't get irritated when someone asks what the nam soundings show? let the lay people pollute accuwx. I prefer technical posts over the opinions and questions of the seething masses. To hell with them.

You're a jerk of the highest degree. Whether you are joking or not, and from experience, your are not, this is the exact opposite attitudue of what a community is about and I seriously doubt any of the mets in this forum are upset because someone asks them a legit question or wants to learn. Fact is, you would rather tell someone to eff off over teaching them, and that is fine, but don't think for a second that is a good way for this place to thrive and/or grow. On top of which, you get a great amount of pleaure in trash talking people on another board which does nothing but incite regional and inter-regional conflicts.

Here is a suggestion: Go find a weather board where only the most knowledgeable red taggers post so you don't have to be with the lay people and answer their questions, except you won't last long because they will most assuredly know more than you and will treat YOU like the seething masses. Then, and only then, will you get it. Or maybe not.

Of course I do it to get a rise out of people. Just like you do, and everyone else does. It's what makes this place fun.

Point taken ..I will cut back on it,,I am sure it does go over the top... but not entirely..until they put the girdle on me anyway

Should I donate or wait?

It was a joke. Plus this place is still pretty new if you count it as new after the domain change. We should have at least 2 or 3 more years. ;)

Archived