• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
SNE BANTER BANTER BANTER BANTER

Mr Torchey

Yeah but none of the OT posts or semi OT posts (in their own threads) have driven mets away here or caused mets that post to think twice. It's the over the top agenda-driven/negative weather posts. When I say it looks like dew points will mix out I see 5 responses from weenies saying no they won't within 5! Minutes with various out of context copy and pastes or some with no reasoning at all. The next day it's a few posts with a mesonet site or isolated METAR with an isolated high dew. That's the stuff that's not fun and makes posting less enjoyable.

Yeah that's the stuff that's rampant around here... I'll admit to joining in if a hobbyist says something (I'll never bash a pro met for ideas), but I just wish some posters could acknowledge cooler air in the summer and on the flip side, others need to be able to say its hot/warm. There are a set of posters where it is ALWAYS one way, and if you go against that line of wishcasting, someone can always find some ob/model/random sounding/AFD that goes against what you just said.

If only we could just get Pete to say, wow its hot out there...or Blizz to say, Thursday night looks chilly... haha.

Anyway, there used to be a lot less spin and more just discussion about potential weather/temps/wind/etc... now its all agenda-driven and its like reading commercials or advertisements for cold or hot weather.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it just comes down to letting go of the past. We fight with people we don't even know, what's the point? If we met at a bar, Wed probably all get along with no problem. Were all here because we share common hobbies, so maybe everyone who's had an e spat should just sack up pm the person and start over. That's what I'm trying to do,we need to stop making ourselves look like douchebags. Reading old posts, it was never really funny.

There's something to be said for that. I have no dog in the MRG fight other than slightly wondering why he survived to this day here initially. However, if he is here, and will continue to be here, then the history between him and others needs to be history. As I've stated several times, I do believe this little spat was the fault of people outside the region at least to start.

I do believe this type of feeling (on multiple sides) has grown stronger since the subforums came to pass. And that's part of my reason for not liking the idea of banter threads that run forever. They were originally "formulated" as a way to keep less scientific storm talk out of storm threads. I see this one was still heavily that, but it also goes further OT and then there are other OT threads. I can't necessarily do anything to change the fact that maybe you guys want to be insular, but I don't think it's the greatest thing for the overall health of the board for these splits to continue to deepen. It seems another 40S type venture might ultimately come from it, particularly if there is ever a "federal" (Randy terminology) decision to make changes to the governance of the "state" boards. One thing that should be at least be clear is that it's not only ETaunton who has any issue with things. We're going to take all the advice we can from all the mods who want to give it from this area plus that of the members. There might not even be any major noticeable changes. We should figure out how to be more of a family again. :wub:

Randy disagrees and posted in our thread that we can banter in the banter thread.

I do believe this type of feeling (on multiple sides) has grown stronger since the subforums came to pass. And that's part of my reason for not liking the idea of banter threads that run forever. They were originally "formulated" as a way to keep less scientific storm talk out of storm threads. I see this one was still heavily that, but it also goes further OT and then there are other OT threads. I can't necessarily do anything to change the fact that maybe you guys want to be insular, but I don't think it's the greatest thing for the overall health of the board for these splits to continue to deepen. It seems another 40S type venture might ultimately come from it, particularly if there is ever a "federal" (Randy terminology) decision to make changes to the governance of the "state" boards. One thing that should be at least be clear is that it's not only ETaunton who has any issue with things. We're going to take all the advice we can from all the mods who want to give it from this area plus that of the members. There might not even be any major noticeable changes. We should figure out how to be more of a family again. :wub:

Thank you (and the others) for what you do

"Mr. Tracker, tear down the wall"

I honestly think this place is better off without me. If I could leave or stay away i would.. But I can't. So i won't.

So CT Blizz rules will have to be the be all end all

You can't honestly tell me that you believe half of the stuff you post lately. I like your personality, but you've been an uber super duper weenie. You like heat in the summer and cold in the winter...we get it. Pete likes cold all of the time...we get it. It is the best weather ever for Joe all of the time...we get it. There has been too many biased posts lately while the rest of us are trying to have legitimate scientific, meteorological discussions. None of the red taggers or staff are 100% serious all of the time, but there's a point where it goes overboard. It isn't cute or funny to read that stuff anymore.

That has been my only major gripe with the subforum lately. A minor one may be excessive OT posts outside of the banter thread, but I'm not perturbed with that yet.

I like you Kevin. Don't get overly defensive from all of this or feel like we're singling you out. Like Ryan said we can all improve some.

There's something to be said for that. I have no dog in the MRG fight other than slightly wondering why he survived to this day here initially. However, if he is here, and will continue to be here, then the history between him and others needs to be history. As I've stated several times, I do believe this little spat was the fault of people outside the region at least to start.

Thank you Ian, awesome post.

Yeah that's the stuff that's rampant around here... I'll admit to joining in if a hobbyist says something (I'll never bash a pro met for ideas), but I just wish some posters could acknowledge cooler air in the summer and on the flip side, others need to be able to say its hot/warm. There are a set of posters where it is ALWAYS one way, and if you go against that line of wishcasting, someone can always find some ob/model/random sounding/AFD that goes against what you just said.

If only we could just get Pete to say, wow its hot out there...or Blizz to say, Thursday night looks chilly... haha.

Anyway, there used to be a lot less spin and more just discussion about potential weather/temps/wind/etc... now its all agenda-driven and its like reading commercials or advertisements for cold or hot weather.

There used to be a lot less commentary in summer in general. I remember back on eastern when we'd get like 7 posts for the entire day during the summer for an obs thread. Nowadays some people track the temperature hourly as close as some of us track models before a snowstorm.

You can't honestly tell me that you believe half of the stuff you post lately. I like your personality, but you've been an uber super duper weenie. You like heat in the summer and cold in the winter...we get it. Pete likes cold all of the time...we get it. It is the best weather ever for Joe all of the time...we get it. There has been too many biased posts lately while the rest of us are trying to have legitimate scientific, meteorological discussions. None of the red taggers or staff are 100% serious all of the time, but there's a point where it goes overboard. It isn't cute or funny to read that stuff anymore.

That has been my only major gripe with the subforum lately. A minor one may be excessive OT posts outside of the banter thread, but I'm not perturbed with that yet.

I like you Kevin. Don't get overly defensive from all of this or feel like we're singling you out. Like Ryan said we can all improve some.

There it is in black and white. Back to weather. Helluva torch this month temp wise yet somehow it does not have that brutality feel of years of old. Tomorrow could be one of those days yet it seems that as soon as it heats up we get a relief pitcher in to cool the real feel down.

A great way to let go of the past and to bring a little more harmony to the board would be to shut down the constant smack talk and personal attacks at DBM or if those people need to use the internet to right their perceived injustices, make the damn thing private so what is said over there stays over there. Nothing good comes of those attacks that can go on for days over there, especially when the shout box was active. Someone of them get extremely personal and bordeline obsessive.

There used to be a lot less commentary in summer in general. I remember back on eastern when we'd get like 7 posts for the entire day during the summer for an obs thread. Nowadays some people track the temperature hourly as close as some of us track models before a snowstorm.

I said this the other day. I can remember not posting from April until Sept myself. Now all weather all the time, do not ask me why but my crack addiction to this board is weird.

A great way to let go of the past and to bring a little more harmony to the board would be to shut down the constant smack talk and personal attacks at DBM or if those people need to use the internet to right their perceived injustices, make the damn thing private so what is said over there stays over there. Nothing good comes of those attacks that can go on for days over there, especially when the shout box was active. Someone of them get extremely personal and bordeline obsessive.

You and I are friends, so I will tell you this straight up....this is complete horsesh*t. amwx has barely, if at all, been mentioned lately, and SNE specifically hasnt been mentioned except maybe in passing.....in weeks. Stop believing the BS. The "shoutbox" hasnt been around in months.

Thank you Ian, awesome post.

I've sorta removed myself from the personal side of the boards in the past 6 mo or so... but I certainly know how these things can become heavily involved there, often for reasons that are not 'real' off the board. People carry vendettas. No doubt there was some buddy-buddying at the conference. I don't think Bob intentionally set people off to target anyone or anything. Still, there's no reason for people outside the region to come over here and troll at their pleasure.

I've sorta removed myself from the personal side of the boards in the past 6 mo or so... but I certainly know how these things can become heavily involved there, often for reasons that are not 'real' off the board. People carry vendettas. No doubt there was some buddy-buddying at the conference. I don't think Bob intentionally set people off to target anyone or anything. Still, there's no reason for people outside the region to come over here and troll at their pleasure.

Nice edit, ouch.

DMB is no longer what you think, there is some cross-over drama but I find it enjoyable lately.

People here concur, nice dress although Amy's would have fit better if ya know what I mean. Love ya Amy.

It was actually fun wearing the dress...it was rather comfortable but I had trouble putting it on at first.

The wind kept blowing garbage from the garbage cans and I had to chase it across the field. Everytime I would catch up to it the garbage would just blow again :thumbsdown:

You and I are friends, so I will tell you this straight up....this is complete horsesh*t. amwx has barely, if at all, been mentioned lately, and SNE specifically hasnt been mentioned except maybe in passing.....in weeks. Stop believing the BS. The "shoutbox" hasnt been around in months.

It has improved, I agree, but last summer, and at other times last winter, it was bad. Just my .02.

Archived