amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
SNE BANTER BANTER BANTER BANTER

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't honestly tell me that you believe half of the stuff you post lately. I like your personality, but you've been an uber super duper weenie. You like heat in the summer and cold in the winter...we get it. Pete likes cold all of the time...we get it. It is the best weather ever for Joe all of the time...we get it. There has been too many biased posts lately while the rest of us are trying to have legitimate scientific, meteorological discussions. None of the red taggers or staff are 100% serious all of the time, but there's a point where it goes overboard. It isn't cute or funny to read that stuff anymore.

That has been my only major gripe with the subforum lately. A minor one may be excessive OT posts outside of the banter thread, but I'm not perturbed with that yet.

I like you Kevin. Don't get overly defensive from all of this or feel like we're singling you out. Like Ryan said we can all improve some.

That's essentially what most of this conversation has stemmed from...Phil, Ryan, Coastal, etc have all touched on that. Now that we all understand who likes what, we can move on and have some good discussion.

And we can all improve some... like I can try some posts without the words "Mansfield" or "upslope" in them. Everyone has to be able to recognize their part in this forum.

I hate Powderfreak in the winter.

lol... I realize it can get to be a lot sometimes with the posts about snow. I gotta cut back this winter a bit, but I really don't want to come off like Pete, bragging about snow and snow cover in every post (I like ya Pete but you know what I mean). I enjoy discussing it but try to do it in a way that isn't constantly shoving it down everyone's throats.

I will say I honestly wish more folks on here got upslope snow... I am absolutely fascinated by that phenomenon (orographic lift anywhere, Oregon to VT) and know we'd have some awesome discussions if we could just get it to happen regularly in the ORH hills :)

There's something to be said for that. I have no dog in the MRG fight other than slightly wondering why he survived to this day here initially. However, if he is here, and will continue to be here, then the history between him and others needs to be history. As I've stated several times, I do believe this little spat was the fault of people outside the region at least to start.

Here, here. I've tried numerous times to lower the level of rancor. I really have no interest in having the feud continue. As we saw with this latest episode I did nothing to foment discord. I was posting in my SNE prison cell not bothering anybody when the horde decided to drop by and poke me with sticks. For this to truly be history my full posting privileges should be restored. It would then be my responsibility to steer clear of any code infractions. There is no legitimate reason for me to continue to be a second class citizen.

Here, here. I've tried numerous times to lower the level of rancor. I really have no interest in having the feud continue. As we saw with this latest episode I did nothing to foment discord. I was posting in my SNE prison cell not bothering anybody when the horde decided to drop by and poke me with sticks. For this to truly be history my full posting privileges should be restored. It would then be my responsibility to steer clear of any code infractions. There is no legitimate reason for me to continue to be a second class citizen.

Why bother Pete, ain't going happen besides OT is just horrible and nothing good can come out of you posting in the MA.

Norfolk, CT gets more than he does because of the LES contribution...his area retains snow pack a tad better than Norfolk though.

That's where I was referring to. Will, I don't know if you're busy but could you give me a snowfall average estimate? I figure its about 70". Most extreme nw part of harwinton ct at 980'.

DMB is no longer what you think, there is some cross-over drama but I find it enjoyable lately.

Me too. Pretty busy right now though. Not ready to post there.

He skis Wachusett, nuff said.

LOL

lol... I realize it can get to be a lot sometimes with the posts about snow. I gotta cut back this winter a bit, but I really don't want to come off like Pete, bragging about snow and snow cover in every post (I like ya Pete but you know what I mean). I enjoy discussing it but try to do it in a way that isn't constantly shoving it down everyone's throats.

I will say I honestly wish more folks on here got upslope snow... I am absolutely fascinated by that phenomenon (orographic lift anywhere, Oregon to VT) and know we'd have some awesome discussions if we could just get it to happen regularly in the ORH hills :)

Dude, WTF, just throw me under the bus why don't cha'

We can all police ourselves... so Pete, I do enjoy your enthusiasm but may I suggest not writing 6 paragraph name-calling or personal attacks posts everytime someone tries to "poke you with sticks"? Just let it be. Let it be.

I know Jerry sort of suggested it and you said you can't just roll over and play dead... but there are ways to handle some of it without the tirades. Just move on... post here on the weather side and don't have incidents with the mods or other posters and I'm sure everything will work out. I still can't see why you would want to post in OT.

This is only a suggestion if you truly want to post in OT, I'd just let any "pokes" roll off your shoulder while you strap into your skis and enjoy the fresh snow in GC.

That's where I was referring to. Will, I don't know if you're busy but could you give me a snowfall average estimate? I figure its about 70". Most extreme nw part of harwinton ct at 980'.

Norfolk averages about 94" of snow per year. They are in a special orographic area that benefits from LES and excels in easterly flow as well.

Me too. Pretty busy right now though. Not ready to post there.

LOL

Dude, WTF, just throw me under the bus why don't cha'

Haha c'mon man... I know its just joking but I don't know the SNE crowd personally, so I don't want to consistently say that I get more snow than the coastal plain. You KNOW you love doing that ;)

Archived