Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2012 Obs and Discussion Thread

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a while since I stopped in to give an obs. We've picked up a general 2" over the past few days. Had some nice training storms yesterday just sit overhead to give the northern section of Jackson County an inch or more in some spots.

Echoing (sp) Met1985, I am also looking forward to this week's cooldown. Can't wait to open up the windows Thursday night to feel those mid 40 degree temps rolling through.

Off Wx Post: Cant wait to see the results of Jackson County's referendum on Alcohol late tonight! If we dont get alcohol county wide then we have to wait another 5 yrs to vote on it again!!!

Been a while since I stopped in to give an obs. We've picked up a general 2" over the past few days. Had some nice training storms yesterday just sit overhead to give the northern section of Jackson County an inch or more in some spots.

Echoing (sp) Met1985, I am also looking forward to this week's cooldown. Can't wait to open up the windows Thursday night to feel those mid 40 degree temps rolling through.

Off Wx Post: Cant wait to see the results of Jackson County's referendum on Alcohol late tonight! If we dont get alcohol county wide then we have to wait another 5 yrs to vote on it again!!!

Ya i just noticed i could make it in the 30s one night this week. Very refreshing! Ya good luck on the vote, hope it goes your way. Currently cloudy with temp of 62 degrees. Been raining on and off all morning.

Finally snapped my 17 day streak of zero rain. Got .26" overnight today.

:thumbsup:

I'm glad you got some liquid goodness finally, that's awesome. I peeked at my gauge this morning I had some in there going to guess about 1/4". I'll check the exact amount when I get home tonight.

More thunder, but it looks like it is just south.

Small complex of storms passed to the south and east of us for sure. We did get his with a heavy isolated storm yesterday afternoon though thank goodness. I'm a little worried about the current radar, today was supposed to be the day of some good storm coverage, but unless something starts developing in the next couple of hours, we may be left out again.

Finally snapped my 17 day streak of zero rain. Got .26" overnight today.

Way to go! I picked up an additional .25 in two showers today, so now I'm up to .75 since the last of March. I haven't had to run the sprinklers for two days in a row now. Wow! Lol. Tony

:thumbsup:

I'm glad you got some liquid goodness finally, that's awesome. I peeked at my gauge this morning I had some in there going to guess about 1/4". I'll check the exact amount when I get home tonight.

Thanks! It is much needed IMBY.

Way to go! I picked up an additional .25 in two showers today, so now I'm up to .75 since the last of March. I haven't had to run the sprinklers for two days in a row now. Wow! Lol. Tony

I hear ya on the sprinklers. I've had to run mine several times the past week and a half as the grass was starting to take on that dried up brown look...and it's only early May.

Today's forecast was originally for 80% chance of rain. Wound up with a trace. This is really starting to get ridiculous. I can't ever remember seeing this little rain in April and May. Normally somebody in this part of the country is dealing with flooding this time of year.

I picked up .29" today bringing the month to date total up to 1.92" and the year to date total to 12.79"

You're stating to pull away from me now. I picked up .06" today bringing month to date total up to .26" and the year total to 8.26".

Glad to see this first pretty widespread rain event (maybe the biggest in a month for Ga, SC). After last night's .65", should be adding to it nicely today. We need it since departures are -5" or so around here and I see 7" to 10" below between Athens and Columbia...they should finally get a decent event too. Best news of all is the weakness or cutoff showing up next week. A big chunk of the Southeast could benefit from that.

1.18" of rain for yesterday's total after the arrival of 2 thunderstorms, with the first one producing the heaviest rain but was also quite electrical and the other putting down moderate rainfall for the early night period. At one point, a rumble of thunder was produced after a massive flash of lightning occurred and let me tell you it was the longest rumble I've ever heard. I timed it to be about 42 seconds of non-stop rumbling.

Glad to see this first pretty widespread rain event (maybe the biggest in a month for Ga, SC). After last night's .65", should be adding to it nicely today. We need it since departures are -5" or so around here and I see 7" to 10" below between Athens and Columbia...they should finally get a decent event too. Best news of all is the weakness or cutoff showing up next week. A big chunk of the Southeast could benefit from that.

It would be nice to chip away at the negative departures for once :lol:

Archived