EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
April banter thread

Ellinwood

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

news is? the way to stay informed. Discovery was active for 27 years until it was retired last year, and it flew the Hubble Space Telescope into orbit, among other missions.

you should really stick to complaining, as a college football player, about less-than-optimal weather for pampered kids.

Happy to hear your miserable and whiny as ever!

Have a good one!

This weather in miserable. But I'm heading to New Mexico tonight, where it'll be sunny and in the 80s all week.

Hopefully the temps don't fall into to frost-danger area while I'm gone, or else my tomatoes and peppers are gonna be pissed.

You shouldn't really have peppers and tomatoes outside yet, anyway. They're gonna be pissed whether it gets to low 30s or not.

My hot weather crops are still in trays and pots so I can bring them inside when it gets cold like this. Soil temperatures aren't usually warm enough for those crops until May 15th-ish here and I'm probably a good 2-3 degrees warmer than you.

My hot weather crops are still in trays and pots so I can bring them inside when it gets cold like this.

This is me. I'm getting a little overwhelmed with tomato and basil plants indoors and looking forward to planting. Have a good trip, mattie g, and may your plants be safe.

Vicariously weenie-ing out today watching for snows out west...

This is me. I'm getting a little overwhelmed with tomato and basil plants indoors and looking forward to planting. Have a good trip, mattie g, and may your plants be safe.

Vicariously weenie-ing out today watching for snows out west...

I did plant my basil in the yard, but its location this year is close to the road and the driveway, i.e. it's pretty warm compared to my back yard where the tomatoes will go.

You shouldn't really have peppers and tomatoes outside yet, anyway. They're gonna be pissed whether it gets to low 30s or not.

My hot weather crops are still in trays and pots so I can bring them inside when it gets cold like this. Soil temperatures aren't usually warm enough for those crops until May 15th-ish here and I'm probably a good 2-3 degrees warmer than you.

I've planted tender crops early before and been fine. In fact, I've planted early and done really, really well. I last weekend for two reasons: 1) I looked at the long-term forecast and was feeling fairly confident the temps would cooperate (i.e. no frost) and 2) I don't have a growing setup indoors, so I order plants online and don'tt have much of an option to keep them indoors for very long.

My main problem is that this week I'm gone and won't be around to tend to them. My wife will try, but she's not the green thumb of the family. As long as there's no frost, it'll be fine in the long term. The plants just won't be happy about it.

I don't mean to say its historic, but, once we cleared the March heat, its been cool, that's all. And cool on the maps for another week or so anyway.

Since April 1:

post-96-0-69158100-1335365825.gif

Since the cooler regime started (4/22-24):

post-96-0-49324700-1335365893.gif

April 1-21 was 2-5 degrees above normal in the region (DCA and BWI being 4-5 degrees above normal).

Perhaps remnants of the MidWest MCS/complex may come through tonight for us with some heavy rains and gusty winds? If there is one that is after reading the 1630 SPC OTLK

I hope we get the precip that the NAM is showing for WV tonight, but I see that SPC is backing off the severe potential due to issues with modeling the moisture.

Archived