• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
April banter thread

Ellinwood

Looks like this moisture is by and large sliding to the south end of our forum...congrats Richmond area? That is a familiar storm track...

There was rain in the DC metro area this morning on the way into work. I think I hit rain right as I was getting off the beltway at Pennsylvania Ave.

The bowling bowl in eastern Tennessee looks like fun.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the weather forecast for tomorrow has already canceled one of our outdoor activities. My oldest was supposed to dance at The Children's Festival in Frederick. Now just need to wait and see if our youngest daughters first Lacrosse game has the same fate. Why could March not have been April and April not be March. Oh well...

I saw this on the NWS site this morning.

On this date in weather history...

In 1928, widespread heavy snow continued. Bayard recieves 35 inches. Davis 30 inches, Moorefield 20 inches, Elkins and Sutton 17 inches, Morgantown 15 inches. The most snow in any 24 hour period anywhere in West Virginia was recorded at Bayard with 34 inches at Bayard. Great damage to fruit trees and wildlife was reported.

I saw this on the NWS site this morning.

On this date in weather history...

In 1928, widespread heavy snow continued. Bayard recieves 35 inches. Davis 30 inches, Moorefield 20 inches, Elkins and Sutton 17 inches, Morgantown 15 inches. The most snow in any 24 hour period anywhere in West Virginia was recorded at Bayard with 34 inches at Bayard. Great damage to fruit trees and wildlife was reported.

wow that must have been massive tree damage, I am over 900' above Moorefield so imagining going back in time to MBY...

wow that must have been massive tree damage, I am over 900' above Moorefield so imagining going back in time to MBY...

Pretty decent late season snow storm for lower elevations. Morgantown isn't very high in elev.

I looked at the Daily Weather Map from that day. A low tracked from the NW US down across TX and the Gulf coast, turned the corner over AL and came up the east side of the Apps., tracking well east of DC over delaware and up the coast of NJ...almost over NYC. I wonder if DC's western suburbs got snow from that?

Pressure was 29.3 when it was along the NJ coast. It's hard to read, but it looks like DC's lowest pressure was 29.2. Baltimore recorded 3.08" of precip.

Pretty decent late season snow storm for lower elevations. Morgantown isn't very high in elev.

I looked at the Daily Weather Map from that day. A low tracked from the NW US down across TX and the Gulf coast, turned the corner over AL and came up the east side of the Apps., tracking well east of DC over delaware and up the coast of NJ...almost over NYC. I wonder if DC's western suburbs got snow from that?

Pressure was 29.3 when it was along the NJ coast. It's hard to read, but it looks like DC's lowest pressure was 29.2. Baltimore recorded 3.08" of precip.

those were the good old days, nothing like that happens anymore. :P

Archived