Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

Hopefully Kev's not talking about these from our non humorous NH friend:

If so then it might be time for Kev to get that thicker skin transplant. While SnowNH's comments were about -30 on a scale of 1-100 in the realm of humor, they definitely weren't attacks.

I trust that Kevin is talking about something else though.

I think he's talking about ForestFireGate

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a few flakes on my car this morning. One of my teachers said they heard sleet pinging on their windows this morning.

And just to clarify...the quote I posted was for Sunday...still seems like weird reasoning though.

Their are a few in this thread to.........lol, Good luck to you guys on seeing some snow on Saturday

The biggest concern will be how much qpf is generated in that 6 hour period between 09z and 15z...if most of us come in with 0.20" or less, then it will be hard to get more than a sloppy inch...but if we actually get 0.30-0.40, then I think some 2-4" amounts will occur in the higher terrain.

Yeah and where that sets up is key. Seems like it is in the BDL-ORH swath and points WNW-ESE from there. Obviously a small shift in 10-15 miles means a lot. However within that area..there still could be fractured elements of QPF.

Yeah and where that sets up is key. Seems like it is in the BDL-ORH swath and points WNW-ESE from there. Obviously a small shift in 10-15 miles means a lot. However within that area..there still could be fractured elements of QPF.

For many this will look more wintry than most of the winter did--even if it is only a couple inches.

Boy this is going to be close! Through the 29th of March, ORH is +10.28 ...I think that challenges the warmest March of all time by a full degree or so.

BOS looks to fall short by a pube... They're at +9.31 and I believe the previous record form the 1940s was 9.8 or so...

Considering that during the 1940s there was a cooler climate regime overall, makes one wonder what was going on that month back when. Interesting.

Upton and Box say mostly rain for most locations in their new point and clicks...

I think snow will fall most everywhere away from the ct coast, I just wonder about precip intensity. 850s look COLD. So I think its a matter of snow sticking or just melting on contact

WTF. Just got home to Harwinton to see no WWAs anywhere and they have rain/snow mix for here with less than 1 inch accum. LOL. Gonna be some surprises in the morning I think. Brutal..

I don't think anyone in CT minus maybe extreme NW Litchfield County will reach advisory criteria. Hence no advisories posted.

I will bet you I get 3-4" of snow tonight, and the places to the N and W of me at 1200' and above will probably get a couple more.

it's all going to come down to intensity of precip...going to have to be moderate to heavy for any given locale for more than an hour or so....

LOl on Rev kev even hitting the report button.

Man I do not know what to think, rain in my forcast but all models say snow. wow is it dry here at work 53/9, rapid temp drop tonight?

Thats what I was thinking but winds are now gusty out of the south, I think okx has the right idea on this one for the coast, further inland I think would be snow?

Thats what I was thinking but winds are now gusty out of the south, I think okx has the right idea on this one for the coast, further inland I think would be snow?

Obviously the coast will be sketchy but I think 10 mi inland might be okay. I just can't believe Albany has mostly rain in the forecast for here with little to no accumulation. The zone is for 1030' too...makes no sense IMO.

New grids here updated to 1/2" for tonight and 1/2" tomorrow with rain/snow for both. I could see less then an inch here but it would be because of light precip rates not rain I think. They also added snow/rain for Sunday night.

Nice wintry start to April.

Tonight: A slight chance of rain before 11pm, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 31. North wind between 3 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday: Rain and snow likely before noon, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 42. East wind between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. North wind between 3 and 5 mph.

Sunday: A slight chance of rain after 1pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 50. West wind at 11 mph becoming south. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday Night: A chance of rain before 5am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 35. West wind between 6 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Monday: A chance of rain and snow showers, mainly before 7am. Partly sunny, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Archived