• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

That stuff near Buf has its eyes on Pete, Mitch to Will me thinks. Like I said this AM, betcha they do best surface accumulation wise.

It will be interesting, its supposed to slide southeast from there/ might stay up to see what happens, working all day Sunday, so tomorrow is my weekend.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ground truth is pretty unimpressive so far out in W NY...we'll have to see that improve as it moves east. I'm not sold yet on this one...it has that feeling like 2/24 where it could be decent in a narrow area but otherwise it gets chewed up.

Spatially this won't miss... Models busting slightly too far S with in western NY ...etc, but I am not sure about the physics of the thing. The dry air and the DP depression is deep! Would have to burst to overcome - could almost see it pounding sleet while the last of the trapped 40F diurnally heat air crashes to the DP...then some snow, then a quick end. This thing is hauling ass! Rad bark worse than bite

BOX senses some of the issues as well

THE OTHER QUESTION IS PTYPE. TEMPERATURES AT 925 MB AND 950 MB

START THE EVENING ABOVE FREEZING BUT COOL BELOW FREEZING DURING

THE NIGHT. HIGHER LEVELS ARE BELOW FREEZING ALL NIGHT. EVAPORATIVE

COOLING IN THE DRY AIR FAVORS SNOW TEMPS. THIS SUGGESTS INITIAL

PTYPE AS SNOW. TIME OF DAY ALSO FAVORS SNOW. WARM GROUND/TIME OF

YEAR/ONSHORE FLOW WILL WORK AGAINST THIS. WE WENT WITH INITIAL

SNOW EXCEPT IN THE SOUTH WHERE SURFACE TEMPS SHOULD BE TOO WARM.

Learn some science Pete lol

I guess the good folks at BOX should learn some science as well. Look at the forecast they put out for you,

Tonight: Rain likely before 2am, then rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday: Rain, mainly before noon. High near 43. North wind between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 33. Northeast wind between 5 and 8 mph becoming calm.

Sunday: A slight chance of rain after 1pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 53. Calm wind becoming south between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. West wind between 5 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

I guess the good folks at BOX should learn some science as well. Look at the forecast they put out for you,

Tonight: Rain likely before 2am, then rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday: Rain, mainly before noon. High near 43. North wind between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 33. Northeast wind between 5 and 8 mph becoming calm.

Sunday: A slight chance of rain after 1pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 53. Calm wind becoming south between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. West wind between 5 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

That forecasters name is Mr. Roboto I heard

If he's in NW CT, that would be the good folks at WFO Albany.

Archived