Newest Member
    joxey
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think QPF is the bigger issue

Yeah that has been my worry...not really temps. Late season events inherently have marginal temps but they are plenty cold enough for advisory snows if the qpf is there...but I've been worried about a 0.20" type qpf total which won't get it done.

This is kind of a bizzare system...almost two pieces to it. The first going through NY State but then the second part develops in PA later on tonight and tries to make a run at us...that is the stuff that will give the best chance for accumulating snow. The stuff in NY is pretty weak.

Unlikely. Down on the coast it's rather obvious but we'll wetbulb down to 31-33. Might have a hard time accumulating under lighter echoes but we'll probably scrape 1-3.

Yeah as I said, I think 1-3" looks decent for you, granted it could either under/over perform giving you the high or low end of that.

My Td here in Westbrook went from 20F at 6pm, to 25F at 7pm, to 28F at 8pm, then 34F as of 9pm with a light southerly wind. So, being slightly away from the water made my Td jump more gradual. Nonetheless, the marine layer has worked its way inland.

MMK reported 46/21 at 10pm, but on Mesowest, the nearby Meriden mesowest site is reporting 45/31 as of 10:30pm.

Currently 43/35 here now.

Why wouldn't it be? My climo mirrors a lot of ENY and WMA and I'm not very far from ALB as the crow flies. Makes a TON more sense than BOX imo

Duh. I was reading ALY forecasts before you were an itch in your daddy's pants. I was being sarcastic with snowman21 as he was stating the obvious,

Cool stuff on the 4 stations near my house.

On the sound, its 46/40 (Td jumped from 12F to 32F at 3pm when the winds turned southerly)

1.5 miles inland (at 2 separate stations) its 44/36 (Td jumped up at 7ish when the other climo stations along the shore did)

My house 3 miles inland its 43/35 (Td increased gradually as the marine layer moved inland,as did mesowest sites slightly farther inland from me)

My temp differential fetish really shows when I return home LOL

Cool stuff on the 4 stations near my house.

On the sound, its 46/40 (Td jumped from 12F to 32F at 3pm when the winds turned southerly)

1.5 miles inland (at 2 separate stations) its 44/36 (Td jumped up at 7ish when the other climo stations along the shore did)

My house 3 miles inland its 43/35 (Td increased gradually as the marine layer moved inland,as did mesowest sites slightly farther inland from me)

My temp differential fetish really shows when I return home LOL

LOL, it is kind of cool. My dew continues to be pretty low. 41/17 right now.

The convection is something I mentioned earlier to watch. It could rob moisture or it could be a signal of a robust system. I think with a weak s/w convection is probably not a good thing but models did try to develop the precip shield tomorrow morning. It also might be something where the snow pretty much falls in the heavier bands of precip if the shield comes I'm rather disorganized and little falls outside of the bands. Still pretty meh about this..

LOL, it is kind of cool. My dew continues to be pretty low. 41/17 right now.

You'll wetbulb nicely. SPC analysis still says wet bulb temp is 36F in your neck of the woods. You better pray you can sneak well below that for some decent snow lol

Td continues to creep up... 43/36

And meanwhile, its 40/16 in Tolland at 850ft lol

Archived