CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be damn close here. Almost every model has the cut-off in a SE line right over ORH to ne RI. Kevin looks good for this event...but man, I could see 3" here...but more likely I could see non accumulating -sn on the edge of the better banding and I get .3" on the grass or something. Euro literally has maybe 2-3" 5 miles south of me and not much 5 miles N of me it looks like.

What are we talking for surface temps with this? is this gonna be a 31-32 paster or upper 20's? Big diff for trees etc

Its going to be near freezing. We don't have a big sfc drain of cold temps...but its plenty cold aloft. Maybe some of the highest spots can tick down to 29F...but it should be a wet snow for everyone who sees it.

Snow fall % probs 1"/2"/4"/6"

ORH 38/17/3/0

BOS 18/10/1/0

BDL 63/53/25/3

PVD 50/38/14/0

enjoy it while you can there. I am hoping for a few flakes to a coating, maybe a half an inch.

Maybe sunday night will be better.

Speaking of better - The Bet --- it says 2" or more total at the 4 SNE stations. So BDL, ORH, etc, could get 1.9" tonight, then .2" Sunday and Blizz owes...

But he wins then, anyway.

The biggest concern will be how much qpf is generated in that 6 hour period between 09z and 15z...if most of us come in with 0.20" or less, then it will be hard to get more than a sloppy inch...but if we actually get 0.30-0.40, then I think some 2-4" amounts will occur in the higher terrain.

enjoy it while you can there. I am hoping for a few flakes to a coating, maybe a half an inch.

Speaking of better - The Bet --- it says 2" or more total at the 4 SNE stations. So BDL, ORH, etc, could get 1.9" tonight, then .2" Sunday and Blizz owes...

It's better to be south and west with this though. So I don't think I'm much better off then you.

Please point out where he personally attacked you? I'm not sitting here reading every post made on the board.

Hopefully Kev's not talking about these from our non humorous NH friend:

"It's gonna look weird if a fat bald Guy is shoveling 1.7" from your mulch over to your grass"

"So let me get this straight... you're 44 years old, you turn your snowbanks into x-games mounds and you cry over not getting 3 inches of snow? Sweet "

If so then it might be time for Kev to get that thicker skin transplant. While SnowNH's comments were about -30 on a scale of 1-100 in the realm of humor, they definitely weren't attacks.

I trust that Kevin is talking about something else though.

Well, I did see snow today...of course it was in Gardner, not my yard. But still, snow is snow

There was a few flakes on my car this morning. One of my teachers said they heard sleet pinging on their windows this morning.

And just to clarify...the quote I posted was for Sunday...still seems like weird reasoning though.

Was the bet for ALL the stations? Yikes. That could be tough.

Was the bet for ALL the stations? Yikes. That could be tough.

Archived