wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that intensity probably determines p-type in the lowlands or white rain vs. accum. snow.

NWS seems to disagree with both of us, though... the biggest P&C accum I can find is 1-2 in the Cats.

"real" accum might be tough but seems like snow in the air is a good bet for a lot of areas. places may have to get under good steady rates and stay there for a while to do better than slushy coatings....not sure whether or not this system has that ability.

i suppose if you live above 1001' in NW CT or NE CT or the berks, Cats, odds are better.

"real" accum might be tough but seems like snow in the air is a good bet for a lot of areas. places may have to get under good steady rates and stay there for a while to do better than slushy coatings....not sure whether or not this system has that ability.

i suppose if you live above 1001' in NW CT or NE CT or the berks, Cats, odds are better.

LOL.

Yeah I agree. This will probably be something where you'll need to be in >20DBZ echoes for any real accumulation unless you are elevated near 1000' or so. Even then, you need good rates I think. But it may have a good band or two embedded in it.

Well hills are in great shape..but I think even a place like BDL/HFD/ DXR/ PVD can see 2-3 maybe 4 inches

There is still that thing in my mind about something going wrong. Hasn't been unwarranted all winter. But for now, looks like you are in a decent spot...even if you don't get close to max snow. If anything, current trends look decent for now.

I agree that intensity probably determines p-type in the lowlands or white rain vs. accum. snow.

NWS seems to disagree with both of us, though... the biggest P&C accum I can find is 1-2 in the Cats.

1"-3" here.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=42.41800745609657&lon=-74.78324890136719&site=bgm&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text

(Yea, big difference I know)

Like we've been saying..it's a win/win for me either way. Watch BDL get 1.9 or something lol

yeah could be one of those things where the "spirit of the law" (as your buddy JB says) would be a win for a Will but the actual letter of the law ends up a win for you..who knows.

i don't think the upside on this one is particularly high, but then again it's 3/30-31.

yeah could be one of those things where the "spirit of the law" (as your buddy JB says) would be a win for a Will but the actual letter of the law ends up a win for you..who knows.

i don't think the upside on this one is particularly high, but then again it's 3/30-31.

His famous" I got the upper air pattern right" but it didn't translate to the surface

So based on 12z runs excluding Euro..are we thinking 2-4 with lollis to 5-6?

Not even close.. the only 4" you're getting is in your pants.

Are helping replant the trees that were damaged by the freeze and fires this week?

Enjoy yor cirrus..while I enjoy shovelling out from a spring snowstorm :lol:a

A

It's gonna look weird if a fat bald Guy is shoveling 1.7" from your mulch over to your grass

I hear snow accumulates faster on bridges and overpasses.. maybe you start shoveling there?

I gotta go though, I took a quick break from shoveling tree ashes from Tuesdays fires, but time to get back to work. Its real bad out here. Enjoy the light mix to non accumulating snow!

So let me get this straight... you're 44 years old, you turn your snowbanks into x-games mounds and you cry over not getting 3 inches of snow? Sweet

It's gonna look weird if a fat bald Guy if youre shoveling 1.7" from your mulch over to your grass

I hear snow accumulates faster on bridges and overpasses.. maybe you start shoveling there?

I gotta go though, I took a quick break from shoveling tree ashes from Tuesdays fires, but time to get back to work. Its real bad out here. Enjoy the light mix to non accumulating snow!

So let's get this straight..you're 44 yrs old, single, and you lives in your mother's basement. Did you go to PennState in the 70's or 80's?

Archived