e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see the wagons north trend continue, with some much needed rain on the way later tonight!

Wall to Wall sunshine out there, and another above normal day on the way..................oh yeah!

going to kill our driest March though...too bad to see the record go down the toilet on the last day of the month....

52/36 is normal for BDR--we were 57/43 yesterday which was +5. Today should be slightly above normal as upton has 54 and low of 40 tonight.... it's the nighttime lows that have kept us consistently above normal.

This would be more interesting to the members in the NYC metro forum.

With all Scooter caution flags as a caveat... I'm getting a little pumped about some late season snow down here. A couple inches could actually take down some tree limbs given how wet it will be an the number of flowers/buds on many trees.

Need to see what 12z runs do first before any locks. GFS was a little paltry at 6z.

Want to see more models printing out 0.5"ish.

Let's see how bad this busts. 06z NAM model extraction for TAN. 6"+ for me? Loltastic!

30 03/31 12Z   33	 32	  72	   7	0.20  0.00	541	554   -3.6 -18.1 1016 100 SN	000OVC302	2.1	0.2
 33 03/31 15Z   32	 32	  65	   7	0.27  0.00	541	554   -4.5 -17.5 1016 100 SN	000OVC331	2.7	0.3
 36 03/31 18Z   33	 32	  60	   6	0.16  0.00	541	553   -2.9 -18.0 1015 100 -SN   000OVC286	1.6	0.3

With all Scooter caution flags as a caveat... I'm getting a little pumped about some late season snow down here. A couple inches could actually take down some tree limbs given how wet it will be an the number of flowers/buds on many trees.

I doubt that. We had 3" of wet stuff up this way during the October storm...and tree damage was minimal (although we were right on the threshhold, I think another 0.5-1" and the results would've been drastically different). Still, that was on trees with full leaves...I imagine you'd need at least 4" to even start to do any do much damage when we're just talking about buds and not full leaf out.

I doubt that. We had 3" of wet stuff up this way during the October storm...and tree damage was minimal (although we were right on the threshhold, I think another 0.5-1" and the results would've been drastically different). Still, that was on trees with full leaves...I imagine you'd need at least 4" to even start to do any do much damage.

I think you could take down some limbs... I doubt damage would be widespread though.

hopefully it gets down to Brian90210 and LL

I must be out of the loop with things......who the hell has any leaves?

There are fruit trees in my neighborhood that have totally blossomed with flowers... and I have one tree behind my house that has tiny leaves coming out of buds. Not leaf out...but definitely farther along than you'd expect to see during an early April kind of snow event.

There are fruit trees in my neighborhood that have totally blossomed with flowers... and I have one tree behind my house that has tiny leaves coming out of buds. Not leaf out...but definitely farther along than you'd expect to see during an early April kind of snow event.

I am thinking my no full leaf out bet with Kev is a lock by April 15th. Met Herb will let us know if NCT has full leaf out. Guinness Black, best served ice cold.

Not many, some of the smaller pear dogwood type trees have buds and flowers in the lowlands.

And so why is there any discussion about limbs??

Archived