northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tolland just might be in the perfect spot for this one....of course that will make for mind numbing posts from Kevin, lol. But it looks pretty good for N CT....still have to reconcile the precip intensity, but the bulk falls between 06z and 15z which is good timing so that will help even if the snow has trouble getting more intense than moderate.

LOL..what exactly are mind numbing posts?

Great run, verbatim this is likely a solid 6-10" event from PSF to TOL as it's keying on a narrow area of strong mid-level deformation and frontogenesis. BL will be a bit warm given the time of year, so elevation will help. Of course, big UVVs could overwhelm the BL warmth if the NAM has it's way, leading to a nice event even for the lower elevations.

Yes, I think it's a bit overdone. I need to see other models get on board before I get too excited.

Get naked

Haha

Weenies can go all for it I guess, but I really would wait until 12z to see the trends and then either pull out the stops or not. There is a 20-30 mile weenie band and it's all about where that goes. If it ticks south, then most of us won't see more than an inch or two,

If that is over NYC, well good luck with that. It's just a good idea to wait and see what the 12z models do, but we know a certain individual in Tolland won't.

<CTBlizz> Well it looks like 3-6" with damage to trees and power outages<CTBlizz>

Where are the winter storm watches?

You love throwing that out there so if it does shift south which I think you think is going to happen..you high five yourself with AWT's

When have I ever patted myself on the back? I'm pretty modest and know better than to do that.

The reason why I say that, is because it's still a strung out vortmax and is not really concise. Therefore, it's going to be prone to little nuances in the flow. I just said that we need to beware of that, but it also means it could possible tick north. If I post a thought, there is a reason behind it.

Looking at things now, I think this weekend's burn might proceed as planned. But, I can't help a weenie gut feeing that perhaps there will be a shift north. As I said yesterday, since I put away the snowblower for the season, had the snows removed, and now have the new grill out, the stars have aligned for a thumping.

When have I ever patted myself on the back? I'm pretty modest and know better than to do that.

The reason why I say that, is because it's still a strung out vortmax and is not really concise. Therefore, it's going to be prone to little nuances in the flow. I just said that we need to beware of that, but it also means it could possible tick north. If I post a thought, there is a reason behind it.

Why so upset?

AWT....how many posts can we bump from Kevin and Brian12345 if there is a nice stripe of snow?

Brian told us that there is no cold air in Canada and that this storm wouldn't produce its own cold air....so its probably all rain.

I would not declare victory so soon. and a sloppy inch or so on the highest elevations is not victory--you need a good widespread snowfall and I will admit defeat.

FWIW-OKX and BOX don't give anyone more than an inch and OKX leans mainly rain for its CT zones

Archived