northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are about 25-30 miles too far south to get much snow in this...NNJ and your area may get the qpf jackpot but not the snow jackpot....snow jackpot looks like catskills to somewhere in NW CT right now.

I agree.. Im leaning toward 1-3" in my immediate area with 4-6" about 20 miles north of here.

Those SREF probs are great for Kevin. Congrats to that area and into RI. Bob may have a little fun too.

AWT....how many posts can we bump from Kevin and Brian12345 if there is a nice stripe of snow?

Brian told us that there is no cold air in Canada and that this storm wouldn't produce its own cold air....so its probably all rain.

AWT....how many posts can we bump from Kevin and Brian12345 if there is a nice stripe of snow?

Brian told us that there is no cold air in Canada and that this storm wouldn't produce its own cold air....so its probably all rain.

Pro Mets FTW..lol. The same airmass where Brian123456789 is laying out in a speedo trying to tan up as much of his bikini line as possible, will deliver snow 24 hrs later.

Pro Mets FTW..lol. The same airmass where Brian123456789 is laying out in a speedo trying to tan up as much of his bikini line as possible, will deliver snow 24 hrs later.

Average high is near 50F this time of year in Tolland....no chance of snow. Average high near 50F means there can't possibly be snow.

Well I'm out...back for the end of the 12z suite. Good trends at 00z...hopefully we can tick it north just a bit more. That would give a good event for both CT/MA if that happened...but still skeptical right now...I'd like to see good evidence of over 0.40" widespread.

Well I'm out...back for the end of the 12z suite. Good trends at 00z...hopefully we can tick it north just a bit more. That would give a good event for both CT/MA if that happened...but still skeptical right now...I'd like to see good evidence of over 0.40" widespread.

Wouldn't you say if it goes north though it runs the risk of sleeting over a larger area of CT? Obviously though it would improve snowfall up in ORH and BOS. It seems one of those deals now where its gotta rob CT to pay MA.

I'm sure the CT crowd thinks its fine right where it is, lol.

Wouldn't you say if it goes north though it runs the risk of sleeting over a larger area of CT? Obviously though it would improve snowfall up in ORH and BOS. It seems one of those deals now where its gotta rob CT to pay MA.

I'm sure the CT crowd thinks its fine right where it is, lol.

Well if it comes north it might rob S CT (away from the coast and above 200 feet) of snow...but I think the northern half of CT is ok...if it comes WAY north, then it might introduce sleet problems into TOL. But I think that is unlikely right now.

Weenies can go all for it I guess, but I really would wait until 12z to see the trends and then either pull out the stops or not. There is a 20-30 mile weenie band and it's all about where that goes. If it ticks south, then most of us won't see more than an inch or two,

after last week thats still good

Weenies can go all for it I guess, but I really would wait until 12z to see the trends and then either pull out the stops or not. There is a 20-30 mile weenie band and it's all about where that goes. If it ticks south, then most of us won't see more than an inch or two,

Well VT may see nothing, so it's not just a highland thing. Also, I'd rather be south of your location.

I expect the North trend to continue which , by event time, will put me right in the sweet spot. Add to that my elevation and you have the recipe for awesomeness. I'll post pics for you.

Another aspect of this low, will be the convection late today over the OV. There should be a pretty good line of storms with this moving east. That may have a say as to how the moisture from this works into SNE. Convection is known to play games with low pressure, when the low strength is weak.

The more I look at this, the more I think that this will be all about where the mid level frontogenesis band sets up.

If that is over NYC, well good luck with that. It's just a good idea to wait and see what the 12z models do, but we know a certain individual in Tolland won't.

Archived