joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2012 General Discussion Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it got a little uncomfy in the house yesterday as it got got up to 76 but thankfully the lake breeze kicked in and it slowly dropped back in to the 60's with a nice breeze coming in the windows.

Thankfully me and you have the lake so this silly torch has been easy as pie so far.. by the time it warms up a lake breeze kicks in every afternoon to knock us bake to dream conditions.. Feels like we should be well in to April but lucky us still have two more months of heavy cooler by the lake to temper at times when it go's enfuego again.

Could get ugly for sleeping tues and wed night. If that's the case I'll just go down to freemont and fish through the night as the walleye and white bass are really showing up in good #'s now. Kill two birds with one stone and it keep me from prematurely firing up the AC.

Cloudy week for la crosse we wont be so lucky until later. Although I thank the clouds very much for keeping temps in check so far today.

So looking forward to this weekends lake breeze and cool down.

The free AC is nice to have! It was 70° in the house last night and kinda humid. Last couple nights the lake breeze will be going good until about 10pm, then it slackens off, then a light southerly wind warms it back up.

Haven't broken 70° today yet.

Showers have been wimpy so far.

In my opinion, if we're going to have an historic positive temperature anomaly, March is the month to have it. I think there would be major groans to have 2 straight weeks of 50 degree days in January, and even more groans of having 2 straight weeks of 100+ temps in July.

A very fitting first day of summer tomorrow, just your run of the mill low 80s and sun kind of day!

In my opinion, if we're going to have an historic positive temperature anomaly, March is the month to have it. I think there would be major groans to have 2 straight weeks of 50 degree days in January, and even more groans of having 2 straight weeks of 100+ temps in July.

A very fitting first day of summer tomorrow, just your run of the mill low 80s and sun kind of day!

Fitting typo.

:lmao:

Time to shatter the all time March record high

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 85. South southwest wind between 5 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 57. South wind around 7 mph.

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 83. Southwest wind between 5 and 14 mph.

http://johndee.com/alcam.htm

Hmm. John Dee updated his snow depth this morning to 8".

I always find it comical to watch snow depths in heat waves and melt mode. I suppose snow depth is by finding the deepest spot hidden in shade in the woods.

Of course the topper was Houghton Lake. Its funny to see how they handle snow depth in the far north in the melting stages. It says right in snow measuring guidelines, if the ground is less than half-covered in snow, the depth is a T. If its half 6" half 0, the snow depth is 3". Im not saying it doesnt get hard up there (wooded areas, layers upon layers of snow) to do snow depth, but I will say we dont have as much of an issue with depths down here when snow is in melt-mode. For instance, as deep as the snow was when I was in Grayling 2 weeks ago, I was measuring mostly near the woods. I would certainly call the snow depth up there a good 25-30", yet when I measured at my moms friends backyard (before venturing to the woods), it was more 18-21", not the 25-30" present near the woods. At home, i have no woods in my yard lol, in the same situation I would be putting snow depth at 19 or 20" (residential), not 25-30".

Completely agree.

Clouds, showers, and a onshore wind kept things cooler today. Topped at 69°. Falling into the upper 50s now. Last Thursday still stands as the warmest day of this mild spell; 78°.

Need some appreciable rain this week!

Updated stats for St. Louis for March 1st-March 19th.

March 19th finished 82/67/75 = +28F.

8th day in a row of 22F+ temperatures anomalies.

7 of the last 8 days have seen highs above 80F.

15h Day in a row with the high above 50F.

For the month, St. Louis is averaging 58.0F, which is 1F above the all time monthly record set in 1910. It is currently 13.9F above normal for the month.

The current forecast pushes it further:

20th: 82/65/+27F

21st: 83/65/+27F

22nd: 78/65/+24F

23rd-27th: 15-20F above normal.

28th-31st: back around 20F to finish the month.

We are looking at a possible finish around 60-62F for the month, completely shattering the all time record going back to 1869.

Archived