12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 2012 General Discussion Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good choice with a poncho over it.. the euro looking to struggle to get you out of the 40's on saturday.

Yeah..I dont know about 40s for daytime highs seems overdone but I wouldnt be shocked if we struggle to hit the upper 50s. Its going to be on chilly nasty raw day. Late Sunday we might recover with some breaking in the overcast. One thing is for sure though. The heat stops Friday. Back to hoodies and jeans by the weekend. More Great Lakes like for late March.

No, I stayed here and watched the games with family and friends. We'll see what happens. Hopefully the team has some added motivation from the seemingly pointless JSOnline article trying to paint attention to other matters.

Senior yr and only a 7 hr drive - i'm disapointed. I haven't been to muscoop since sunday and never read the Milwaukee Urinal so I have no clue what BS is going on. Guess its scoop time.

Saukville going the wrong way now.. down to 71.5

I bet we added a nother degree or two on to the 83.

+14.3 on month without todays whopper in the plus 30's departure. Looking at making a run for the warmest march ever with 6" of snow for the month added in. Most snow I've had in march over the last 3 winters - go for figure it comes in a yr we're crushing the warmest March to date by a good 5 degrees.

Still going the wrong way in saukville 70.9

Next mid week "cool" shot. The weeklies suck past week 3 into 4 IMO. Always have always will regardless of what they show.

I never put much faith in LR forecasts, I just recently started following the weeklies more closely (well, following what others post, I dont actually have access to them) because so many act like they are the king of longrange forecasting in terms of accuracy....when they show warmth at least. I have been waiting for them to show some cold and see how many dismiss them :lol:

This weather is crazy. Went up to Racine to go do something and I expected to be as warm there. Instead the lake breeze was still going good there. 75° on the west side of town and 55° downtown! I get back home and it cooled off to 76° from 83°! Plenty of haze and light fog over the lake away from shore.

Seems like leaves have popped out of the trees automatically this afternoon. A big difference from late yesterday.

early guess for next winter is someting close to 2009/10 but a little warmer. Thinking we can do a little better snow wise (here) with out the absurd blocking of that winter.

It will be nice compared to this winter. Doesnt matter how many epic winters you have in a row, just takes one stinker to put your mindset back to where a simple climo winter would be wonderful!

Lest we forget April 2010, which was also a scorcher. CLE recorded its warmest April in 140 years. The first week of that April was typical to this spell, with +30 degree departures. That spell lasted about 10 days if I recall correctly.

The only difference is that this one started 2-3 weeks sooner.

Im getting way ahead of myself here lol...but you wonder what things like this will do to the next set of 30-yr climate normals. First, the February snowfall the past 6 years, even with a few avg years thrown in, has been beyond epic...now we are looking at an insane March that will end with double digit departures, after several other recent mild Marches. How much smoothing will they do to the data for the next set of normals? (we already know they dont simply compute the raw numbers and divide by 30).

never thought we would see another march/april of 2010 for a long while.. Here we are 2 yrs later having a march that almost seems it would be impossible to occur. Should be fun to see what april has up its sleeve! If it ends up like 2010 and 19 days of 60 dgree highs or below I will be a happy man.. lol this March won't even end up with 19 days at or below 60 - just insane.

Poor saukville now down to 67. Yay for his dog.

Back down to 73 here - nice.

I never put much faith in LR forecasts, I just recently started following the weeklies more closely (well, following what others post, I dont actually have access to them) because so many act like they are the king of longrange forecasting in terms of accuracy....when they show warmth at least. I have been waiting for them to show some cold and see how many dismiss them :lol:

Regarding the Euro weeklies, anyone know how they work in terms of initial conditions? Do they factor in things like snowcover?

Looks like the high will be 85 here.

Finally had to turn the AC on, house was holding in too much heat for the window fan to overcome.

Surprised at the lack of brush fire activity in this area. We've only had one shower in the last 10 or so days. Figured there would be an issue with people doing spring cleaning. The lack of a dominant wind has helped though. Most of the fields are getting plowed over the last 2 days so that's also removed a lot of fuel.

Sent from my ADR6400L

I know this is an apples and oranges comparison since it's harder to put up big departures in summer but when you compare this month to July 1936, which was the ultimate heat month around here with numerous extreme temp days, the departure is not even close. July 1936 had a 13 day streak of temps over 100F (including 3 days of 110+), 15 days with highs above 100, 24 days with highs above 90 and 17 nights with a low above 70. All that and that month finished around +9.

Red Flag Warning was issued by LOT for the entire forecast area and what does my neighbor do... Starts a bonfire about an hour ago. Had rip roaring fire going and managed to start a tree trunk on fire and his lawn! Some people are not too observant! Anyway, no harm to any other properties.

Down into the mid 70s now.

Archived