12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 2012 General Discussion Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again lets add 5-10 degrees and shave 12 hours off the fantasy cold snap on the GFS. If it even verifies, the shear transient nature and speed of that trough made me lol.

Will be watching the potential for one heck of severe weather outbreak if such a solutions comes even close.

Gonna be awesome.. Tree carnage every where. what the severe weather misses the snow and freeze will clean up.

Warmth trying hard to get in here. by the time it does the lake will have beat the **** out of it for enough of the day yet again. this is getting boring and ho-hum just like a long arctic outbreak - thankfully its almost over

bowme is trying but the torch won't be denied...the cool down with still be significantly above average and then it's back to baby powder weather.

climo and lake is on my side for lots of primo 50's and 60's for another month and a half. Feel sorry for the rest that will have to suffer.

If i lived in chicago, yes.

I see it is 70° there now. S winds have finally overpowered the lake breeze here. 79°. A tie for the warmest reading I've seen in March.

Above^ I don't mind 50s and 60s. That cool down has been hinted on the models on and off for awhile now. Whether more than one of the models will lock onto it at the same model run time is the question.

I see it is 70° there now. S winds have finally overpowered the lake breeze here. 79°. A tie for the warmest reading I've seen in March.

yeah the end of the torches is when my lucky lake runs out always. Tis ok it will be nice to feel what the torch folks have had for days on end.

Lol.

Gotta ask though. Have you at least done any fishing in this warmup?

Nah much - sold the little fishing boat before last summer and the old 1978 startcraft pleasure boat is still in storage for at least two months.. Went down for steeleheads twice before the torch but the water was to low and way to many dip****s out there then and especially now that it has warmed up.. Rivers are heating up so thinking on going down to wilmont tonight and wed night to try for walleyes, cats and whiteys.

Euro has 30's for you at 18z sat.. better dig a pair of long johns out to wear under your shorts if you're going frisbee throwing.

Not to mention the GFS cold snap idea seems too lack needed or great ENS support.

What cold snap is everyone talking about? This weekends cool down? fwiw the euro weeklies I believe show below normal temps by what would currently be the end of the LR GFS runs (last i heard, which was nearly a week ago, the weeklies had us near normal week 3 and below normal week 4...think they update today). Its to be taken with a grain of salt, but the weeklies are arguably the best longrange tool we have. They nailed this torch weeks out, and many on here take them as gospel (at least when they show what they want to see lol).

Archived