• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2012 General Discussion Part 2

Chicago Storm

Already 75 at KLAF at 11 a.m. That breaks the old record of 72 (1976), but records there only go back to the mid-1940s. We'll be battling clouds intermittently all day, so it should be fun to see how warm it gets.

Low only got down to 65, which ties the all-time record high minimum for March.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scorcher

temp57.gif

Was actually looking at this a little earlier. Michigan is gonna bake Tue and especially Wed as the heat dome sort of slowly shrinks and concentrates over that area. If the clouds can stay away this could be the warmest day yet for Chicago, with 85+ a real possibility. We'll be flirting with clouds over this way I think, so temp forecasts will be pretty dicey.

KW has broken somewhere between 3-5 temp records in the last little while. I haven't really been paying attention. Also just checked TWN and they have 81F Thurs in Waterloo. The March all time high in Hamilton is 77F so KW's must be similar. This could end up being the hottest March on record or how ever it works

Currently sitting at +14.4 for the month. Given that the extreme warmth looks to linger longer than previously expected, we should be able to take that up toward +18 by Thursday. How do you even forecast something like this ahead of time?

12z GFS warms the region right back up following a brief cool down with the cutoff and even that will be above normal.

Large blob of clearing quickly approaching here. As long as it doesn't fill back in with too many cumulus we may still have a run at 70. Cedar Rapids is already up to 76. MLI has been down since 8am as someone must have tripped over a cord lol.

you'll easily make it into the 70s

It might legitimately be 90 degrees in this class I'm in now. This is awful.

I'm glad it's raining here today since my classes have been awful when it comes to sweating. Maintenance people are oblivious to the actual weather when it comes to ac and heating, they just go by dates.

Waukegan went from 54 the last time i checked around midnight to 67 now. Plz keep that south of here.

I wish that it wouldn't have gotten here! Didn't sleep the best.

Been sitting in the upper 60s for awhile this morning. Completely cloudy. Rain is moving into the county from the SW. 61° dewpoint...in March...!

Crystal clear skies now over the southern portion of the sky. Much of Illinois has cleared out south of I-80.

New DVN update mentioned there's some severe potential later today/early this eve as shortwave approaches...

FOCUS THEN TURNS TO

THE SHORTWAVE AND INTERACTION WITH ON-GOING THUNDERSTORMS IN

EASTERN KS...OK AND NW AR. THIS WAVE IS PROGGED TO LIFT INTO SE IA

AND NW IL BY LATE AFTERNOON/EARLY EVENING INTO AN ENVIRONMENT THAT

WILL HAVE SUMMERLIKE INSTABILITY. WILL HAVE TO WATCH CLOSELY AND

CANNOT RULE OUT AT LEAST ISOLATED SEVERE STORMS. WILL HAVE TO

ESPECIALLY WATCH THE APPARENT NW TO SE ORIENTED SURFACE BOUNDARY

REMNANT FROM THE EARLIER CONVECTION HANGING IN A NW TO SE FASHION

ACROSS OUR NORTHEAST. A NEW CELL HAS RECENTLY SHOT UP ALONG THIS

AXIS JUST NE OF KALO. 16Z SPC OUTLOOK HAS MAINTAINED A SLIGHT RISK

REACHING OUR FAR SW COUNTIES.

Fairly obvious that we won't make it into the 80's...or even near 80 today, given the amount of cloud cover and showers/storms moving in.

The 70+ streak will continue though, as it was 71 at the 1AM OBS. Unless we see some breaks, that very well could end up being the high for the day.

Tue-Thur still had 80 potential though.

Last area of precip moving through, with clearing immediately behind it.

Unless there's more development, we should make a run into the mid-70's.

Temp up to 81 here. It's been interesting watching the dewpoints over the past several days. LAF has been a high spot in late spring/summer but we have been running near or even below other surrounding sites. Perhaps this will change as we head into evapotranspiration season.

I wish that it wouldn't have gotten here! Didn't sleep the best.

Been sitting in the upper 60s for awhile this morning. Completely cloudy. Rain is moving into the county from the SW. 61° dewpoint...in March...!

Yeah it got a little uncomfy in the house yesterday as it got got up to 76 but thankfully the lake breeze kicked in and it slowly dropped back in to the 60's with a nice breeze coming in the windows.

Thankfully me and you have the lake so this silly torch has been easy as pie so far.. by the time it warms up a lake breeze kicks in every afternoon to knock us bake to dream conditions.. Feels like we should be well in to April but lucky us still have two more months of heavy cooler by the lake to temper at times when it go's enfuego again.

Could get ugly for sleeping tues and wed night. If that's the case I'll just go down to Wilmont in Kenosha cty and fish through the night as the walleye and white bass are really showing up in good #'s now. Kill two birds with one stone and it keep me from prematurely firing up the AC.

Cloudy week for la crosse we wont be so lucky until later. Although I thank the clouds very much for keeping temps in check so far today.

So looking forward to this weekends lake breeze and cool down.

Archived