joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2012 General Discussion Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if April ends up cooler than March in absolute terms as well. My guess is we end up slightly above with many more temperature swings than we experienced in March.

I agree about more swings but imo, little reason to think the warmth won't win out again overall given the lack of upstream snowcover, potentially unfavorable MJO for cold at least for part of the month and the overall persistence of a warmer than average pattern for months. My WAG for LAF for April is comfortably above average...maybe something like +4 to +6

I agree about more swings but imo, little reason to think the warmth won't win out again overall given the lack of upstream snowcover, potentially unfavorable MJO for cold at least for part of the month and the overall persistence of a warmer than average pattern for months. My WAG for LAF for April is comfortably above average...maybe something like +4 to +6

Regarding the MJO, it looks like we will retrograde back into phase 6 which as you said could make for some warmer weather. However, I have a hunch we will enter phase 7 thereafter which could make for some coolish weather. The lack of snow pack up in Canada will also moderate things as you said. I was wondering, are there any analogs for the current lack of snow up in Canada or is this kind of a first?

Perhaps one of the most extreme weather events in my lifetime is about to finish up. This torch was so kick butt on so many levels. It's been fun chatting about for more than a week with u guys.

Will always talk about this stretch. Once in a lifetime

Ran into those Racine/Kenosha County cells about 30 minutes, boy were those heavy rain producers! Much cooler air temperatures in the low 50s was getting rained down.

62° at home, cloudy and damp.

Cool cirrus clouds today!

534603_3579222686154_1440765701_3270134_71269559_n.jpg

540325_3579221006112_1440765701_3270132_1923075428_n.jpg

Archived